GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Defaults or not me fault!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defaults or not me fault!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defaults or not me fault!!!

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
    For what it's worth, what I have here.

[ATTACH]4509[/ATTACH]
    Thanks Rizz I haven't got serif as an option

Probably due to being a Mac eh!!

Now I know this is a daft question but what language have you got English/US or just English??

Last edited by IF; 4 December 2012, 13:30.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      And make sure that the "Allow pages to choose their own fonts" is set.
      Ahhh.........be back in a minute then!!

Comment

No still haven't got serif or monospace as an option??

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
          Thanks Rizz I haven't got serif as an option

Probably due to being a Mac eh!!

Now I know this is a daft question but what language have you got English/US or just English??
          It's just the generic default font under Linux.

Which is why I said "for what it's worth". You being on a MAC, your options and defaults are likely to be different.

English US or English?

I have the English (GB) language pack installed. But I don't know which ones come by default with the Mac Firefox packages?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Rizz for your patience, I'll have another go later.........got to go and burn cook me tea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
              Firefox on the Mac:
              [ATTACH]4512[/ATTACH]
              Thanks FP, just found it too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                Firefox on the Mac:
                [ATTACH]4512[/ATTACH]
                Ah! I'd forgotten about those settings.

Don't think I've ever changed those in many many many years of using FF.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well, I've not got a scooby what the default font settings for Firefox on a MAC are?

And it's been a pain in Firefox for a long time that there isn't a simple "restore defaults" button in the Firefox preferences for this.

One solution would be to use a brand new profile for Firefox, then would in it's nature revert all setting to the defaults.

Or temporarily start Firefox in a clean profile so you can make a note of the settings, and then apply those to your old profile.

Neither overly simple option if you don't have experience in managing FF profiles.

Simplest of course would be to find online the defaults, but I'm getting confusing results via Google at present.

Comment

Thanks Rizz and FP, it's soooooooo much better than it was

Comment

You could always buy your Apple a friend 'A Banana'

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                        You could always buy your Apple a friend 'A Banana'
                        Got one of those, it's the internet phone!!

Comment

Working...
                        X