GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script are scottish power any good?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are scottish power any good??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: are scottish power any good??

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    They are if you agree to the terms of sharing data
    I can't say if I have agreed or not , I've been with them for must be 15 years plus. I've never signed anything, but I suppose you just have to tick on line now.

Niddy when do they normally catch you???

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      I've check my spend on U switch and it appears I could save £250 by moving from British Gas to Scottish Power. Does anybody know if they are any good????

Also im in credit on my BG accounts do they refund the money on transfer or is it passed across to the new provider???
      Find out what you are paying per unit ....Ring British Gas tell them your moving your supply & you have had a cheeper quote....I bet they will beat that quote & it saves you the hassel of moving ...thats what I do every year Then you know your getting a good deal
      Last edited by Deepie; 1 November 2011, 12:59.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
        As I said we are with British Gas for gas and Scottish Power Manweb for electricity. Except for one very short period on DD we have always paid quarterly. This year however far from giving the months credit they always used to, both companies SAYING on their bills you have 24 days to pay, in fact their collections people will send out letters seven days after the bill, chasing and demanding payment.

Signs of the times I suppose.

Garlok
        Indeed! I had a right ding dong a couple of years ago with someone from BG who called me up to ask why I hadn't paid the bill, despite the fact that there was still 14 days before it had to be paid.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Priority One and S&V

Can I just asked how Scottish Power helped you when you were on benefits?

I was on benefits for quite a while last year but I managed to get by because I had a little cash put away for a rainy day (or should I say freezing cold, snowy days.)

I'm on benefits again and there just doesn't seem to be any sign of work at the moment. I really don't think that I can afford the monthly DDs, especially with the increases. Of course, being on benefits means that I'm at home all day which just increases the bills even though I'm trying extra hard not to put the heating on.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Priority One and S&V

Can I just asked how Scottish Power helped you when you were on benefits?

I was on benefits for quite a while last year but I managed to get by because I had a little cash put away for a rainy day (or should I say freezing cold, snowy days.)

I'm on benefits again and there just doesn't seem to be any sign of work at the moment. I really don't think that I can afford the monthly DDs, especially with the increases. Of course, being on benefits means that I'm at home all day which just increases the bills even though I'm trying extra hard not to put the heating on.
            Hi Pixie

Unlike P1 I wasn't on benefits, just in a big pile of brown smelly stuff!

I did actually contact them by phone as this was one bunch I wanted to keep onside. Just explained the situation, went through my I&E and mapped out what I could afford. As long as it was enough to keep the arrears ticking over (so it didn't really get bigger) they were fine.

I know it comes down to the individual you end up speaking to, but they weren't condescending, critical, judgemental etc, just as keen as I was to sort something out.

If you're on benefits may be worth while seeing what other assistance you can get, sorry but can't really help you on that front.

Best
            SnV
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply S&V.

I am on benefits but just JSA so no further help there.

I'm actually in credit not in arrears, and I pay by monthly DD. Last year was my first year with them (anniversary was in September) and I probably wasn't as careful as I might have been about when to put the heating on etc. This year's consumption so far is about half of last year's, but that might be down to the weather.

I'll phone them tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

If you get no luck with customer services here is the details of the CEO

Scottish Power Raymond Jack, Director of Energy Retail Click here to e-mail Raymond Jack http://www.scottishpower.com
                Tel: 0141 568 2000 Part of Iberdrola 15 Jun 2011

Comment

Thanks PF.

Comment

They've reduced my payments - not as much as I would have liked but it's a help.

Comment

Working...
                    X