GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problems With EDF! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems With EDF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems With EDF!

Originally posted by Clairebear View Post
    Thanks Missy the support is priceless! I'm just finishing off my email now and shall be sending it over, fingers crossed i get some sense back.

Well my meter is outside in a cupboard but i believe they think its inside as that guy who visited put 'DOG' on his paperwork. I think he was making notes for when/if they try to come in, saying there's a dog in the property! I did have my meter changed a few months ago to a smart meter, ive heard electricity companies can disconnect or change you onto pre-payment at the touch of a boutton and there's no need to visit, not sure if that's right but if so i don't think EDF know i have that either.
    No problems, glad to help if i can.

OK, if the meter is outside i am not sure where you would stand on this as the equipment does belong to the supplier. Is it possible you block it with a car or make it not easily visible? It wouldn't surprise me if they don't have any plans of the house

As for the e-mail let us know how it goes. I have also read somewhere about the 12 month ruling.

Best
    Missy
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The meter is in a locked cupboard next to the front door so the actual meter cannot be seen. The meter inside is right up at the top, approx 7 foot off the ground, too high for me to reach. I say that because I'm sure I've seen somewhere they cannot swap it over if the meter is out of reach? It may have been on the Citizens Advice website but cant be 100% sure.

I've just sent the email off. It's completely drained me, I've had to explain the situation (which isn't straight forward) to them so many times .....my brain hurts!

I'm still not sure if they still have the right to change my meter if i was no longer with them?

Comment

If you switch energy companies, then no they wouldnt change the meter as far as i know, but the balance would still be owed. But remember swiching takes weeks so you would need to continue with any dispute while this happens.

You can always switch after and ask the new energy company to replace the meter again.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SX, I'm thinking of seeing if any of my family can lend me the rest of the balance so it can be paid off ASAP, then leaving them to go elsewhere. If that can't happen then to keep paying off the debt and pursuing my dispute but telling them I'm moving out at the end of the month, then getting my other half to take out a new account with a different supplier but in his name. The current EDF account is in my name only so I'm thinking that would be ok but I'm not sure if that's a daft idea? ;-/

Comment

let's establish first that you actually owe al of this money before you do anything else,

have they replied yet?

if not

send again with a big red serious complaint at the top

Comment

So far no reply off the billing dept (I asked for a full breakdown of the bills) or from the email i sent to Vincent de Rivaz but i had had a reply from the Customer Services team. They said they apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the high bill and in order to reach a resolution have agreed to arrange a payment plan for the outstanding balance, which I've just set up.

So it looks like they've changed their mind about changing my meter though they haven't mentioned it. I did add this snippet i found from a legal website:~

"Gas and electricity companies must also take notice of customers in need. They should allow you to repay the money you owe over at least a year, if that is all you can afford, instead of disconnecting you or fitting a pre-payment meter (which makes the gas or electricity more expensive and means you end up without fuel if you run out of payment cards)"

I wonder if that's why they haven't mentioned the meter again, sweeping it under the carpet? All that worry caused over there mistake is unbelievable. There's no mention of taking off the £30 fee for sending someone round on a pre-disconnection visit though!

Comment

So far no reply off the billing dept (I asked for a full breakdown of the bills) or from the email i sent to Vincent de Rivaz but i had had a reply from the Customer Services team. They said they apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the high bill and in order to reach a resolution have agreed to arrange a payment plan for the outstanding balance, which I've just set up.

So it looks like they've changed their mind about changing my meter though they haven't mentioned it. I did add this snippet i found from a legal website:~

"Gas and electricity companies must also take notice of customers in need. They should allow you to repay the money you owe over at least a year, if that is all you can afford, instead of disconnecting you or fitting a pre-payment meter (which makes the gas or electricity more expensive and means you end up without fuel if you run out of payment cards)"

I wonder if that's why they haven't mentioned the meter again, sweeping it under the carpet? All that worry caused over there mistake is unbelievable. There's no mention of taking off the £30 fee for sending someone round on a pre-disconnection visit though!

Hiya,

Sounds like things may be going your way. Well done Claire!
                I suspect your personalised reply will take a while; its quite normal to get bounced around the place before someone can actually deal with things.

Good luck.

Missy
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Thank you & thank you for all the help too, its priceless!

Comment

Did you resend the email to the CEO, I wouldn't be entering into any payment plan until you are absolutely sure you owe this.

Comment

I've popped in the above quote to the CEO asking why his CS have been telling me to arrange a pre-payment meter etc. I'm not sure how I'm going to check the amounts on the bills as the smart meters reading are different, in fact there's only one reading opposed to two on the old one

Comment

I've just had an e-mail from a 'Tim Lee ~ Executive Liaison'. He has apologised for not billing me quarterly and also for not receiving two letters they sent back in May regarding the debt collection activity that was going to take place.

He advised no further action is to be taken and also as recognition of the issues i have experienced he has cancelled the pre-disconnection charge of £36!

Phew - I'm so relieved they'll be no one knocking at my door or letting themselves in and i got the fee refunded

Thanks for providing the CEO's email etc, it does pay to go to the top!

Comment

Happy Days.........

Comment

Well done. I would write and thank him for his assistance and then suggest that as this whole problem has arisen due to their incompetence, perhaps they could consider a discount or ex gracia payment!

Comment

Brilliant news clairebear
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                Well done. I would write and thank him for his assistance and then suggest that as this whole problem has arisen due to their incompetence, perhaps they could consider a discount or ex gracia payment!
                                I'm with Cym on that one, and are you absolutely sure the bills are correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X