GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE accusing me of being abusive for using previous knowledge - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE accusing me of being abusive for using previous knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Been with Lebara for about 8 years, happy!
    Quite frankly I should be able to use the internet in England’s second city (sorry Manchester) and with O2 I can not. Much as I hate Vodafone I’ll use their network if it gets me what I need. Not so bothered about India roaming but never say never but EU roaming is a must. Totally European Guardian reader.

Comment

lebara in far east good link there I found in the past. although I do use a local sim when ever there these days handy for Internet etc on laptop.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think my main issue is how mobile providers have treated us. I looked at my contract price when I signed up 14 months ago, and in that period, my bill has gone up 25%, yet my signal has not improved by 25%. Moreover, I pay a considerable amount to EE each month.

I actually ran a petition to get the government to discuss the issue of mid-price contract rises, and getting people to sign was really hard work. I think I managed to get a couple of thousand signatures, which wasn't enough.

As it stands, I have received 29 text messages from EE stating network issues or work on the mast for the 12th of June. To top it off, even when they say it's fixed, it's not. However, convincing somebody at EE that the problem persists is nearly impossible. It feels like they simply dismiss the customer's complaint without proper investigation.

So, when I take this complaint to the ombudsman, they will likely point out that I have used my phone, which I cannot deny. But the data they provide won't reflect the whole truth. EE will most probably only provide the ombudsman with my overall usage and not a breakdown of the mast-by-mast situation, which puts me at a disadvantage from the start.

I emailed the complaints team to request relevant information, but they can't discuss anything since it's now with the ombudsman. Therefore, I've decided to make a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR). After all, my data usage is information about me, and if they fail to comply, I'll raise a complaint with the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office).

When the ombudsman asks me what I want, my reply will be simple: I just want a working service. And if I'm honest, I also want to express my dissatisfaction with EE.

I put this question to EE: what caused a customer of 7 years to go from being happy to becoming a nightmare of a customer in the last 8 months? I have recommend EE to my better half, parents, and sister, and we even started using them at work.

But come January, I will have great pleasure of canceling my service, looking at Vodafone or three or possibly I.D.

Comment

Working...
        X