GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE accusing me of being abusive for using previous knowledge - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE accusing me of being abusive for using previous knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE accusing me of being abusive for using previous knowledge

Hi, I am looking for some impartial opinions, and do you make of the following , am I being abusive , please be honest?

Hello, my name is removed

We’re contacting you as there’s been concerns raised about the way you’ve conducted yourself when making contact with EE. We’ve reviewed the contact which took place via email on 14th July 2023.

During the email you were abusive towards staff, I’ve put details of the abuse below:

When contacting via our email service you tried to use your knowledge of your time previously working within the telecommunications industry to manipulate the agent in to giving you the resolution you wanted. This behaviour will not be tolerated.

As a company we don’t tolerate abusive conduct in any form and this is a breach of your terms of use which we’ll go into more detail about below.

Should you continue to be abusive to our staff, action will be taken immediately and without further notice to terminate your services with EE.

This will include any other services that you have with EE. If you were to be removed from the EE network for your abusive behaviour, please also be aware that you may be subject to an early termination charge and other outstanding charges associated with your account.

Probably need more factual information as to what they are referring to i..e. your comment?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So I had signal issue with EE and I complained and they offered me 23 pound!! My email in question

Having worked for talktalk dealing with complaints, I know it cost more than £23 if it goes to the ombudsman and it's recorded against EE so when the complaints figures are published it could possibly affect EE position. So £23 pound will make zero difference to me and even if I get nothing from the ombudsman I know it will have cost EE!! So my offer is two months free or we take the risk with the ombudsman's and prey I don't have great case against EE!! I won last time, so I am already 60 pound up!! So over to you.

Comment

Looks to me that you threatened them with charges, and now they are threatening you with charges.

I have to say that you could have been more diplomatic in what you said to them. To me it seems rather - forgive me - cocky.

Comment

Cocky probably(don't do myself any favours sometimes) abusive no (I been asking anybody I can find)

All I put in my emails were facts it cost a company money when complaint hits the ombudsman and the ombudsman's records complaints and publishes them which may affect EE ranking.

If you think about it I was actually helping EE avoid costs by stating what would happen, they could of negotiated with me but no they chose not to, I asked for two months free, they offered 23 pound, if they had said 1 month I would of agreed.

I have replied to EE threats of disconnection and contract breakage fees so let's see what happens, I think what annoys me is they won't pick up the phone and just have a chat about the issue.

But thanks I respect anybody opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post
            Cocky probably(don't do myself any favours sometimes) abusive no (I been asking anybody I can find)

All I put in my emails were facts it cost a company money when complaint hits the ombudsman and the ombudsman's records complaints and publishes them which may affect EE ranking.

If you think about it I was actually helping EE avoid costs by stating what would happen, they could of negotiated with me but no they chose not to, I asked for two months free, they offered 23 pound, if they had said 1 month I would of agreed.

I have replied to EE threats of disconnection and contract breakage fees so let's see what happens, I think what annoys me is they won't pick up the phone and just have a chat about the issue.

But thanks I respect anybody opinion
            These days I use the chat facility! Because you then have a chat record of what you wrote and what they replied!
            Put it in writing! The Phone Calls route often leaves you waiting on the end of a phone fuming for some body to answer. Worse Case takes an hour to get a human!
            Well logically by then you have waited and waited and waited fumed and fumed and fumed.
            The chat option gives you a copy of what was written and their replies. IN WRITING!
            Something you could evidence to an ombudsman!!

Comment

My thought is you were trying to being a manipulative bully- do this or else.

I am not sure if EE have over reacted but maybe there is more to it.

Of course I often explain that if I am not happy with their resolution I will go to the ombudsman but I don’t use it as a bargaining chip.

I currently have a complaint against O2 - they have already given me £35 credit but I want releasing from my contract. I can not use data either in the city centre or when I pass the Cricket ground when there is a match on.

Comment

Well you got off to a bad start by threatening - they responded (albeit Badly)., do as suggested there may be more to it? to put peoples/companies back up you do not tell them you are a know all.

The Ombudsman would see report of conversations and reactions - (not a very good start to a complaint). NO Company will accept bullying., or dictated to,

You should now recap and possible just make a formal complaint (Start again)? be honest accept the money on table and put it down to a learning exercise as vague guess you will not get very far. just my opinion of course.
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 July 2023, 08:06.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  Well you got off to a bad start by threatening - they responded (albeit Badly)., do as suggested there may be more to it? to put peoples/companies back up you do not tell them you are a know all.

The Ombudsman would see report of conversations and reactions - (not a very good start to a complaint). NO Company will accept bullying., or dictated to,

You should now recap and possible just make a formal complaint (Start again)? be honest accept the money on table and put it down to a learning exercise as vague guess you will not get very far. just my opinion of course.
                  Just to add a recent experience with a company.
                  I raised an issue via CHAT got an email response to say now fixed! But it wasn't|! So another chat then another email to say fixed|! So another saying despite email not resolved. SO Chat suggested phoning and gave their phone number!
                  Now see I already have in writing (chat, emails) a written trail before phoning.
                  Phoning takes time! However this was resolved quickly with of course directly REFERING to the previous CHATS as evidence! I didn't repeat! my issue just refered to the CHATS

I do this all the time now before phoning my first contact is CHAT which is saved.
                  If the need for a formal complaint arises I would HAVE those CHATS and their emails!
                  Everything in writing! The phone well see my CHATS thats set out the issue! Please and thankyou!

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

So just reading you post, so when you have an issue with a company your are in contract with and you threaten to leave they threaten you with a contract breakge fee correct ?

So is it wrong for me to turn the tables on them? I have no problem taking EE on, but why should we has a consumer put up with a company increasing it prices and providing us with a worse service.

If I know the industry I'm going to use it against them, I have about 20 text messages saying a problem in my area, yet my bill doesn't reflect this, have we become that scared of big companies that we are expected to lie down and let them do what they want ??

Comment

Not to turn your argument with EE into an argument here, but you did ask for honest answers, and the concensus seems to be that your approach was rather heavy-handed and not the way that we would have handled the situation. Each to his own, and if it works for you ......

Comment

Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post

So just reading you post, so when you have an issue with a company your are in contract with and you threaten to leave they threaten you with a contract breakge fee correct ?

So is it wrong for me to turn the tables on them? I have no problem taking EE on, but why should we has a consumer put up with a company increasing it prices and providing us with a worse service.

If I know the industry I'm going to use it against them, I have about 20 text messages saying a problem in my area, yet my bill doesn't reflect this, have we become that scared of big companies that we are expected to lie down and let them do what they want ??
                        Not scared just as you say build the dated diary of paper and or messages.
                        I use chat and you can copy past into chat. This gives me a written copy of my complaint raised with them.
                        They say telephone calls are recorded, for training purpose! But you see they are doing the recording not you.

But if you have the evidence raise a complaint with the regulator with your evidecnce

Comment

Make a complaint

Ofcom may be able to help you complain about or report issues ...

Comment

Just to say- I had a complaint against O2 who offered me £35. Without threats I went to the ombudsman and O2 have given me what I wanted ( I asked for more but got what I wanted). I am being released from my contract without penalty. Moving to Lebara but by the time it all happens I will have used my roaming minutes in Europe :-)

Comment

Been with Lebara for about 8 years, happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X