GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Eon - DCA - Arrangement to Pay - Credit File - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eon - DCA - Arrangement to Pay - Credit File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Di

Sorry to chase you, I just wondered if you had had a chance to look at the Ombudsman decision?

I don’t want to get in contact with the FOS yet regarding the cheque if there are other issues I need to address too?

Thank you for your help!

mrsH

Comment

Hello all

I have recently been receiving letters from Lowell regarding this old Eon debt. This debt is currently being paid in a payment plan by my husband.

I’m not really sure how to proceed. I was named on the account with my husband. If the debt is being paid, can they still chase me for it as well?

many thanks

MrsH

Comment

Hi

In August 2020 the account was £220. How much is it now, and what is your payment arrangement, and who is it with?

Also, what happened about the £75 you were supposed to get?
        Last edited by Still Waving; 27 June 2023, 20:17.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your message. It’s at £159. It had been in a £1 per month plan but is now in a £10 per month.

Yes we did get the £75.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsH View Post
            Hi

Thanks for your message. It’s at £159. It had been in a £1 per month plan but is now in a £10 per month.

Yes we did get the £75.
            Who is the arrangement with?

Comment

The arrangement is with Lowell.

Comment

The arrangement is with Lowell.
                It would be helpful if you were to say what Lowell have been saying in these recent letters. Also when and how did the repayment go up to £10?

My instinct would be to write to Lowell pointing out that there has been an arrangement in place, and due to rising energy costs and inflation costs you cannot afford to pay any more, and would they consider closing the account due to your financial hardship. However, for me, there are unknowns as per my first sentence.

More detail at the outset would have been helpful.

Comment

Apologies - the letters are saying that I have not been in touch about the debt and to get in touch to pay, or to set up an affordable payment plan.

The payments increased to £10 per month in January this year. Lowell had contacted my husband to say it needed to increase and the minimum they could accept was now £10 per month.

Comment

some office jockey (many at Lowells) useless non-sensicle laptop joker. see what they send next, mark all letters by date and file in order.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Still Waving

".. It would be helpful if you were to say what Lowell have been saying in these recent letters. Also when and how did the repayment go up to £10?

My instinct would be to write to Lowell pointing out that there has been an arrangement in place, and due to rising energy costs and inflation costs you cannot afford to pay any more, and would they consider closing the account due to your financial hardship. However, for me, there are unknowns as per my first sentence.

More detail at the outset would have been helpful..."

LOOK write back to Lowell saying as they know your circumstances of impovishment are such that this £10 has become impossible!
                      instead we can only afford is 50p AND Pay them just that!
                      Do not give details of Income & Expenditure only a Judge can force you to do this!

They must have known your circumstances when they accepted £1.

Still Waving Gives you the proper response!!

WHEN these DCA's try and pull a stunt like this I THANK THEM FOR WRITTEN AND HALVE WHAT THEY ARE BEING PAID!!

Comment

It would have been better if the OP had come here for ideas back in January, before increasing their repayment. The pushback would have been better done then, but we are where we are.

The balance is only around £159, something Lowell could write off without losing sleep.

Comment

I was unaware that Lowell had been in contact to increase the payment, this was dealt with by my husband.

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

I was unaware that Lowell had been in contact to increase the payment, this was dealt with by my husband.
                            Thank you all for your help.
                            Thank you!
                            There are so many scams at the moment and innocent people get caught out!
                            These DCA'S are suffering at the moment because of scammers phoning, texting, and emailing!

So an on the spot practical response to raise from £1 to £10 , yes I can understand. But my own response to these letters is a letter posted with evidence!
                            THANK YOU FOR CONCERN OVER WHAT I AM PAYING I CAN CONFIRM MY FINANCIAL SITUATION HAS WORSENED AND HAVE HALVED THE PAYMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                              Thank you!
                              There are so many scams at the moment and innocent people get caught out!
                              These DCA'S are suffering at the moment because of scammers phoning, texting, and emailing!

So an on the spot practical response to raise from £1 to £10 , yes I can understand. But my own response to these letters is a letter posted with evidence!
                              THANK YOU FOR CONCERN OVER WHAT I AM PAYING I CAN CONFIRM MY FINANCIAL SITUATION HAS WORSENED AND HAVE HALVED THE PAYMENT!
                              Justice against the desk jockeys, half what pay now
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X