GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EasyJet refund to closed disputed bank account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EasyJet refund to closed disputed bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EasyJet refund to closed disputed bank account

EasyJet have just cancelled a flight we had booked

EasyJet have just cancelled a flight we had booked and want to pay the refund back to an account that is now closed and in dispute. We have said we want the refund paying to a different account but they are currently saying they can only do this if the payment refund to the disputed account is returned to them. I have raised a complaint and currently no refund has been issued but was just after some advice on how to proceed if they point blank refuse to pay the refund to an account of my choice. Thanks in advance

Comment

It is now a standard anti-fraud measure in businesses that monies are only returned to the original source of funding. I don't know how you can get around this, but others may have some ideas. Have you offered to provide any evidence of identity that would satisfy Easyjet so that they could refund to your alternate account, or possibly to you by cheque?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
        It is now a standard anti-fraud measure in businesses that monies are only returned to the original source of funding. I don't know how you can get around this, but others may have some ideas. Have you offered to provide any evidence of identity that would satisfy Easyjet so that they could refund to your alternate account, or possibly to you by cheque?
        They have said if the payment they are going to make to the old account is returned they will raise a service request to get it paid to our new account. Don’t know why they can’t do that in the first instance as all security was passed with them when we called them. If the booking was made by debit card I assume they will try to refund it back to that same card, which is no longer valid. Surely they must have come across making refunds to expired cards in the past?

Comment

fraud prevention can see why they will send to original one and await information it has returned then act on that at that point.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X