GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vehicle Control Services - £60 Fine - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicle Control Services - £60 Fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vehicle Control Services - £60 Fine

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Yup, IAS is shite but you can win if you're lucky. Evidence is key. The IAS members are getting spanked in court when they try, as much down to Gladstones being shite solicitors as the case being bad.

M1
    Cheers mate. So am I best responding saying I wasn't driving or ignoring it for now? Mine is different to pixies
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Cheers mate. So am I best responding saying I wasn't driving or ignoring it for now? Mine is different to pixies
      Well do you wish to give me something to enable an informed decision ?

I'd always appeal , and then appeal to IAS with a low expectation. However much depends on the circumstances of the incident. If it's similiar to Beavis and it goes to court then it really depends on the solicitor being useless. If not similar to Beavis e.g paid or permit etc ....

Naming the driver is a last resort if it looks like court, to reset the process or stave off keeper liability.

M1

Comment

I was a passenger. It states we overstayed - says we were there 152 minutes (+32m) and only allowed 2hrs. Arrived date of this thread but incident was 31st July (+14 days)... Letter is dated 23/08/16

** is this accurate (from Pepipoo or not)

For the keeper to be liable the Notice to Keeper (via post) has to arrive within 14 days, detail what the alleged issue is and also make mention of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and mention keeper liability
        Its a sainsburys car park in Selby. We parked there and went for lunch AFTER shopping next door to sainsburys (same retail park).

I can't be arsed appealing unless I have to. As said, I wasn't driving and not even insured to drive it

Same place as this really -> http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=103169
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have you complained to the Sainsburys manager ? That's the best bet for getting rid of it.

It is accurate http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4 (para 9)

You don't have to appeal but they might set BW legal on you which isn't that scary to you but it is a bigger pain in the arse to deal with than trying to go through the appeals.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            Have you complained to the Sainsburys manager ? That's the best bet for getting rid of it.

It is accurate http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4 (para 9)

You don't have to appeal but they might set BW legal on you which isn't that scary to you but it is a bigger pain in the arse to deal with than trying to go through the appeals.

M1
            No mate I've not done anything. As said we were in there for half hour (at wilko next door) then went to pub. Returned later. Didn't go in sainsburys at all.

Hmmmm what to do.! BW legal.... Hmmm

Comment

It was here -> http://www.parkopedia.mobi/parking/c...g=201608282230

Comment

Blag it at Sainsburys and speak to the Wilko manager too.

M1

Comment

Ok cheers

Comment

I received a letter this morning from Parking Eye wanting a signed letter of authority for me to act on behalf of my Dad. The parking charge has been put on hold for 28 days. Should I put a covering letter in asking for them to supply a popla code if they reject the appeal?
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They should do it anyway but it won't do any harm to do so.

M1

Comment

Thanks.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                        X