GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cigar Lighter Removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cigar Lighter Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigar Lighter Removal

Hi

I have an earth leak on the cigar lighter on my car - Punto 54 Reg.

I know its that as have tried replaceing the fuse and it keeps popping as sson as the ignition is turned on.

Do I need / have to remove the centre console in order to replace it? I know I am going to have to remove the entire unit as I need to check the wiring.

Its not imperative, but its a handy thing to have as a phone charger or for Sat Nav.

Looked in the manual, but obviously not considered an important part and there are no instructions!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Cigar Lighter Removal

Google chucked up this...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Pu...en-GB:official

Comment

Searched most of those - but most related to fuses and others not clear.

Will look through some of the others now
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no expert with cars, only cigar lighter trouble I had was years ago in a Ford Orion. Back them it was just a positive and negative wire. I did have to remove the console to get at it. And I do remember thinking at the time, thank god I don't need to follow these wires to the battery lol.

Might be easier to add a new earth wire, run it in and connect it up, than looking down the wire for a bad connection.

Comment

Working...
        X