GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Finding it difficult to get insured due to mileage - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding it difficult to get insured due to mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finding it difficult to get insured due to mileage

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    But at the start of the year you estimate. Now he has a job it'll be more.

Ooops. Shit happens. That's not fraud. Technically )
    Exactly, you can only estimate when you take the insurance, you can not know what happens in the future to change that. You are prob ment to tell them the new miliage when you renew.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      Check the MOT history of a vehicle

Check the MOT history of a vehicle - get a full MOT test history and mileage of the vehicle at the time of each test
      they have us conned either way , but why more if your out of work ?. why more for the amount of miles we do. Total rip off .

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        You can claim miliage or petrol costs under self employment, so up to you which you choose.

Personally, i tell my insurance i do 12k a year, i do more, never had a problem, they dont check it.

The only issue you will find is with finance, as they will charge something like 1p a mile over when you go to hand it back or whatever.

I agree , they are a rip off all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          They may find out and also if you lie your commiting insurance fraud!!!!
          no i misunderstood the question or a typo , they have had enough out our family over the years, i'm sick of being over charged they can get stuffed

Comment

But at the start of the year you estimate. Now he has a job it'll be more.

Ooops. Shit happens. That's not fraud. Technically )
            Niddy your right mate, shit happens right up to the point they decline a claim because of a material non disclosure!!!!

As I'm sure your aware most policy T&C's include a clause saying you should inform them of any material changes and going fom say 5k to 30k annual mileage would be.

Comment

Niddy your right mate, shit happens right up to the point they decline a claim because of a material non disclosure!!!!

As I'm sure your aware most policy T&C's include a clause saying you should inform them of any material changes and going fom say 5k to 30k annual mileage would be.
              Mate they would not decline a claim if you usually do 10,000 and then it went up, if you called the insurer when you hit the 10k miles they would not change the policy, it'd carry over and be included in the next renewal.

I know you know what you're on about lol
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                they have us conned either way , but why more if your out of work ?. why more for the amount of miles we do. Total rip off .
                Never understood the unemployed rate increase, but the mileage one is quite stright forward. The more you on the road the more chance you have to hit something!!!!

Comment

Mate they would not decline a claim if you usually do 10,000 and then it went up, if you called the insurer when you hit the 10k miles they would not change the policy, it'd carry over and be included in the next renewal.

I know you know what you're on about lol
                  Your probably right, but trust me the insurance world gets stranger all the time, things that they would have just ignore in the past get factored in. My advice is just dont give them and excuss not to pay other wise a cheap premium becomes a total waste of money!!!!

Comment

My advice is just dont give them and excuss not to pay other wise a cheap premium becomes a total waste of money!!!!
                    Totally agree
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I know what you "should" do but i have never ever had an insurance company ask me about my milage when ive ever made a claim.

Not one company (and ive had a few) have said, oh hold on, says here you do 10k, best look at your milage before we pay out. Just doesnt happen.

I apreciate what the T's and C's may say, and what you are ment to do, but i also think we should be remembering the likelyhood of them actually checking is slim to none.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know what you "should" do but i have never ever had an insurance company ask me about my milage when ive ever made a claim.

Not one company (and ive had a few) have said, oh hold on, says here you do 10k, best look at your milage before we pay out. Just doesnt happen.

I apreciate what the T's and C's may say, and what you are ment to do, but i also think we should be remembering the likelyhood of them actually checking is slim to none.
                        same here never had any insurance ask me and i have been driving since i was 18 hubby the same, my son hasen't been asked either and he just insured his car he is only 22 , so never heard of it before .

Comment

I know what you "should" do but i have never ever had an insurance company ask me about my milage when Ive ever made a claim.

Not one company (and Ive had a few) have said, oh hold on, says here you do 10k, best look at your milage before we pay out. Just doesn't happen.

I appreciate what the T's and C's may say, and what you are meant to do, but i also think we should be remembering the likelihood of them actually checking is slim to none.
                          Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                          same here never had any insurance ask me and i have been driving since i was 18 hubby the same, my son hasn't been asked either and he just insured his car he is only 22 , so never heard of it before .

Look I'm only a lowly bloke with 20 plus years in the insurance business, I'm sure you all know far more than I.

The point I'm making is don't lie or mislead or try to be clever, you all get pissed off enough when the DCA etc do it to you, or are you special because your sticking it to the man

Comment

mate, im not saying you are wrong, im only giving my expierence.

Of course there are risks envolved, would be stupid to not say that.

Comment

mate, im not saying you are wrong, im only giving my expierence.

Of course there are risks envolved, would be stupid to not say that.
                              Sorry i'm in a bad mood , stressed and generally pissed off with life , so if I'm a little short forgive me

Comment

Look I'm only a lowly bloke with 20 plus years in the insurance business, I'm sure you all know far more than I.

The point I'm making is don't lie or mislead or try to be clever, you all get pissed off enough when the DCA etc do it to you, or are you special because your sticking it to the man
                                I think i am rather specail to be honest , my point is that insurances and dca get enough money out of us so why volunteer information if it isn't asked ?

Comment

Working...
                                X