GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED 2013 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED 2013 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
    Within your 500 calories you can have 3 meals - so a low GI breakfast - light lunch and chicken or fish with veg for tea - then on the other 5 days you can eat as you like, although reading the book they do talk about smaller portion sizes They recon you can continue eating fish and chips, pizza, roast potatoes etc.

I am thinking about fasting on the two days I work - so if I keep busy I will think about food less and then use all my 500 calories for an evening meal.... They suggest you definitely don't do a weekend as that's the time most people consume most of their calories and its supposed to be an easy plan to follow.

You can drink zero calorie drinks and also black coffee/tea on fasting days, in fact you are supposed to drink at least 4 pints of water a day.

All the stuff I have read seems positive about this, it seems more like a life change rather than a diet. I can understand that it may stop you putting on weight but I'll be interested to see if I actually lose any!

Jane x

Scarlett - do you have an iphone? The Myfitnesspal app is great for calorie counting

My son has that app and has lost five and a half stone he looks fantastic .

Comment

Its a fantastic App - it lists the calorie content of must stuff or you can just add your own calorie count - it then works out calories consumed in a day - I like the weight tracking part too nice to see a downward line...

Well done to your son Spent2much - bet he feels amazing!!!

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
        Its a fantastic App - it lists the calorie content of must stuff or you can just add your own calorie count - it then works out calories consumed in a day - I like the weight tracking part too nice to see a downward line...

Well done to your son Spent2much - bet he feels amazing!!!

Jane x

he does feel like a new man, he had put weight on before he had an accident back in august 2010 where he fractured 3 bones in his elbow and had a radial head replacement and a six inch plate in foreram, he was unable to do any exercise and piled weight on . Then after his wedding last July he decided to try the app and since then has lost the weight, he really looks amazing we are so proud of him .
        Last edited by Spent2much; 17 February 2013, 18:39.

Comment

Another pound gone forever

Comment

Yey Samsmum - every 1lb off is fantastic, half a bag of sugar!

Are you following a plan or just sensible eating?

Jane x

Comment

Thanks Jane. I'm doing Slimming World and really enjoying it at the minute

Comment

I tried slimming world last year - their recipes were lovely but I struggled with the amount you can eat!

I have moved to the CD step 3 this week - 2 shakes a day and then a low calorie meal in the evening - white fish poached in a little lemon juice, ginger and soy sauce with a large plate of veg for tea - its so nice to eat but I suspect the couple of Bacardi's I had last night wont help with the weight loss this week! Got a friends party on Saturday night - its a big one for him and my husband is taking along an ice sculpture so lots of vodka shots for us I fear! Good job I weigh on a Saturday morning

Jane x

Comment

2lbs off today. Slow but sure

Comment

THREAD CLOSED.

New weight loss inspiration thread ~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~ - allaboutFORUMS
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                    X