GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homeopathy 'could be blacklisted' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeopathy 'could be blacklisted'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeopathy 'could be blacklisted'

Ministers are considering whether homeopathy should be put on a blacklist of treatments GPs in England are banned from prescribing, the BBC has learned.

The controversial practice is based on the principle that "like cures like", but critics say patients are being given useless sugar pills.

The Faculty of Homeopathy said the therapy had "profound effects" and patients backed it.
    A consultation is expected to take place in 2016.

The total NHS bill for homeopathy, including homeopathic hospitals and GP prescriptions, is thought to be about £4m.

Read more here — > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34744858
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Homeopathy 'could be blacklisted'

About time.

Homeopaths are either delusional, or out to scam the public. There is no middle ground.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
          It's a 'classic'.

Comment

Working...
          X