GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alternative cancer treatments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative cancer treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alternative cancer treatments

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
    I think that is a grossly unfair comment.
    Indeed it is unfair.

All of my recent experience with the NHS, both GP and Hospital has been 1st class.

Never had to bother them until recently. You wouldn't get better care if you went private.

You forget all of the dreadfull deseases that have been just about iradicated by medicine.

As far as innoculations go, dozens of deseases have been just about killed off with them. Look what is happening now to kids when some parents won't have their kids imunised.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
      Indeed it is unfair.

All of my recent experience with the NHS, both GP and Hospital has been 1st class.

Never had to bother them until recently. You wouldn't get better care if you went private.

You forget all of the dreadfull deseases that have been just about iradicated by medicine.

As far as innoculations go, dozens of deseases have been just about killed off with them. Look what is happening now to kids when some parents won't have their kids imunised.

My friends 2 year old died because of the innoculations the only thing my friend was thankful for was that her darling daughter never went blind before she died.

As for the doctors and nhs staff they have let me and my family down many times .

It may have something to do with the area in which we live but here in the North the service is crap .

My mother waited 6 hours to see a doctor at the emergency one evening she was in agony and during the time she was waiting a drunken lout got brought in by an ambulance crew and got seen to straight away, my mother had to phone me to take her to the hospital because all the abmulances were taken.

Comment

I dont think I have read so much bull shit in all my life! This thread doesnt even deserve to be on the green place!

Lets start with cancer, as it is mentioned so many times. I have had several that have fallen foul to the disease, and survived because of medical intervention. Agreed many people still die, but that is due to detection (which needs people to actually to go to their doctor) rates - several cancers are extremely difficult to detect (such as prostrate) and others difficult to treat - such as pancreatic, due to the high number of functions the pancras plays - it cannot be removed. Further, pain is often attributed to something else as many people dont feel ill as such.

As for BiCarbonate of Soda "cures" cancer, only an American (or MAerican site) would have the audacity to make such a claim.

Then there are the comments on GPS, I agree there are some not so good ones, but there are far more excellent ones.

FRESH FOOD??!! - Unless you keep and slaughter your own chickens, they will have been pumped with something. Unless you grow your own veg, they will have been sprayed!

And as far the comments on vaccinations, perhaps you have forgotten that the likes of Smallpox where eradicated with vaccinations.

However, if you still want to believe claims you read on the internet, I am a direct descendant of an Oil Mogul in Nicaraguar. I need to transfer some of money to avoid tax. Please send me all your bank details and you can keep 10% of what I send to you.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
          I dont think I have read so much bull shit in all my life! This thread doesnt even deserve to be on the green place!

Lets start with cancer, as it is mentioned so many times. I have had several that have fallen foul to the disease, and survived because of medical intervention. Agreed many people still die, but that is due to detection (which needs people to actually to go to their doctor) rates - several cancers are extremely difficult to detect (such as prostrate) and others difficult to treat - such as pancreatic, due to the high number of functions the pancras plays - it cannot be removed. Further, pain is often attributed to something else as many people dont feel ill as such.

As for BiCarbonate of Soda "cures" cancer, only an American (or MAerican site) would have the audacity to make such a claim.

Then there are the comments on GPS, I agree there are some not so good ones, but there are far more excellent ones.

FRESH FOOD??!! - Unless you keep and slaughter your own chickens, they will have been pumped with something. Unless you grow your own veg, they will have been sprayed!

And as far the comments on vaccinations, perhaps you have forgotten that the likes of Smallpox where eradicated with vaccinations.

However, if you still want to believe claims you read on the internet, I am a direct descendant of an Oil Mogul in Nicaraguar. I need to transfer some of money to avoid tax. Please send me all your bank details and you can keep 10% of what I send to you.
          Count me in Oscar.

Bank details on the way to you. When can I expect my 10%.

Right, off to take my drugs for Diabetes, or should I go suck on a marigold?

Comment

Smallpox, polio, whooping cough, rubella, TB

Comment

Actually, the idea that bicarbonate of soda can cure cancer was put forward by an Italian doctor, Dr. Tullio Simoncini. He has written a book entitled “Cancer is a fungus”, which details his theory. If you stick his name into the search engines, you will find much controversy, with many people saying he is the best thing since sliced bread, and others saying he is nothing but a quack. He was struck off by the Italian medical authorities who are not impressed with his claims.

I am unable to offer any opinion as I have absolutely no experience of the matter. I just mention this for the benefit of anyone who wants to carry out their own research.

SH

Comment

or should I go suck on a marigold?
                im very glad you said marigold

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                  Actually, the idea that bicarbonate of soda can cure cancer was put forward by an Italian doctor, Dr. Tullio Simoncini.
                  He was struck off by the Italian medical authorities who are not impressed with his claims.
                  That somewhat proves my point.

While there can be "miracle" cures found for ailments found in nature, (quinine and malaria spring to mind) I cant see BiCarb being one. The above would seem to prove my point.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                    Depends whats in the marigolds though, they are quite stretchy afterall.

(We are talking about the gloves, and not the flowers aren't we)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                      I'm not that bendy

Comment

Depends whats in the marigolds though, they are quite stretchy afterall.

(We are talking about the gloves, and not the flowers aren't we)
                        Or a fishermans friend

Comment

while there have been huge medical advances, and they have saved many lives (including mine) the NHS and the way it is now operated has a great many faults. Money, unfortunately, has become incredibly important, medical staff (a lot of them) don't have a vocation, they are there for the the money and the lifestyle it affords them. No one imagines
                          that working in the NHS is easy, patients are not easy, decisions are not easy but if you've decided to to do it, then you need to do it to the best of your ability because it is very important and hey no one's life is easy. The drug companies and their money have too much sway.

I don't believe in all this quack rubbish but I do believe that the NHS messes about too much, they try to cover too many bases, when most peeps need a clean honest service. If you have something awful, you need to help yourself first, follow your gut but the medical intervention has to happen as well, but only if it is going to make a difference, and always always it's got to be the patient that decides what difference matters, in terminal cases, it could be good time(I have a friend who is dying at the moment, and that is important to him), others may just want to live, at any cost, it's a very personal decision and not one to be made on a debt forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                            It is harsh and it is also a gross generalisation. My brother in law is a GP, and I can tell you he cares immensely about his patients. I have never yet been treated by a GP who I felt considered me a number either in or out of their surgery. I've felt like this in hospitals regularly.

That is not to say alternative medicine does not have its place, indeed I believe it is increasingly considered to have much to offer.

i suppose it depends on the quality of treatment one gets, i know i have been let down many times especailly once when i so aneamic i couldn't even walk, my doctor said i was wasting his time as i was just being anxious, i returned the same evening and a nurse took some blood , the next day i had a phone call telling me my blood count was so low i needed to start medication (iron) straight away and was on them for six months, my husband put a complaint in but it was never even mentioned.

Comment

Smallpox, polio, whooping cough, rubella, TB
                              I have been following the eradication of Polio for a number of years now. The interest comes from my job.

They are now on the cusp of making this terrible disease extinct.

This year there has been 188 cases in 4 countries of which only 3 are classed as endemic. One day soon this will be a news story like the erradication of smallpox.

Only a few years ago 250,000 per year were being maimed.

They have a strain of Polio that is derived from the vaccine and also maims but to wipe out the wild virus first is a goal worth the risk.

Herd immunity is what vaccination is about. It sadly doesnt always work but without it the situation would be much much worse.

Cancer is rightly an emotive subject. I doubt there is any right or wrongs just different ways. Sometimes the patients state of mind is key. Sometimes a placebo will do more good than an aggresive medicine or intervention.

Without experimentation cures will not be found. There are many diseases that due to medical science are close to being cured. Many cancers researchers are starting to say will be curable within many of our lifetimes.

How do I know on this last point. Just been there and just lost my mum. You try and learn as much as you can in order to give and get hope as a loved one slips away.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                                i suppose it depends on the quality of treatment one gets, i know i have been let down many times especailly once when i so aneamic i couldn't even walk, my doctor said i was wasting his time as i was just being anxious
                                With all due respect, if you couldn't even walk, I find it hard to believe any doctor would say you were wasting his time. Even I would know there's something wrong with an able bodied person who suddenly loses the ability to walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X