GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Breast Cancer Scanner -- do not buy! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breast Cancer Scanner -- do not buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breast Cancer Scanner -- do not buy!

Dr's can be useless are diagnosing things, even when theres been a history of it.

My father had non hodgkin's lymphoma twice in his life, regular blood tests, and one day he felt a back pain, which developed in to him not actually being able to walk.

The first doctor, put it down to a bad back, his blood tests yelded nothing.

It wasnt until he went private for a 2nd opinion, that they confirmed cancer had come back and was pressing on his spine, causing him to not be able to walk.

So, i guess you could say that given his history, they should have at least gave him a full m.o.t but they just wasnt interested.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      I don't agree with you SXGuy. There are risks with everything but I think the benefits of having a mammogram every few years outweighs the "possible" risks. Of course, women should check themselves regularly...as should men because men can have breast cancer too.

My friends dad died of breast cancer - 20 years ago , now she too is fighting it......but her sister is all clear.
      Moral of story - you never know - so get checked out on a regular basis.

Matty

Comment

Breast Cancer Screening review published ---> What the breast screening review means : Cancer Research UK : CancerHelp UK
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm still in two minds about this whole screening issue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20121043

Comment

I'd rather be "overdiagnosed" than not diagnosed at all...

Comment

Genetics test.......

I'm considered mid to high risk. Three members of my direct family had cancer, 2 of those breast (sister and mum) and dad prostate, they all went through it the same time, and exactly 3 months in between all of their diagnosis.

I do have other close blood relatives that had survived cancer and some we lost.

I am currently waiting for the letter for the screening.

Comment

I've just opted out of a mammogram and have been given blood tests instead. There's a conspiracy theory that the NHS use the mammogram process because they've invested heavily in the equipment (so don't want to waste it) when expensive blood screening can be used in the first instance. My results will be back in ten days

Comment

I'm sticking with the mammograms (have had 2) but there's no history of breast cancer in the family.

Comment

Working...
                  X