GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Quitting smoking - The first day of the rest of my life! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quitting smoking - The first day of the rest of my life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quitting smoking - The first day of the rest of my life!

I have relatives who have stopped smoking after reading Easy Way, including my parents who both stopped 27 years ago! Neither have smoked since, so it worked for them

I also stopped for 8 years after reading it, but a boring holiday abroad during a failing relationship with an arsehole of a boyfriend put me back on the B&H's

I'll stop again one day, when I'm in the right mind. I've the book buried deeply in the bottom of the ottoman, 'neath the spare quilts etc.......

Good luck AS, you can do it
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Looloo and If...

Well, I'm now on day 2 of Champix, have to take one tablet a day for 3 days then 2 a day after that, and mark a date for quitting between day 8 and 14. I have another appt at the smoking clinic on monday morning, and I'm still ok to cut cigs out if I'm able to

Forgot how much I like grapes lol, not sure if they're helping, but they're certainly juicy!

Onwards and upwards ;-)

Handy.... How did you get on at the quacks?

Always x

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
        Forgot how much I like grapes lol, not sure if they're helping, but they're certainly juicy!

Always x
        They will keep you ahem regular if nothing else!!

Really well done so far!

Diddles are you smoking them nasty B and H's?

Comment

Why looloo, are there other brands that are less nasty ??? lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
            Why looloo, are there other brands that are less nasty ??? lol

yes you could have those pretty coloured slim ones... look much more sophesticated................

Comment

My local spar don't sell cocktail cigarettes, dahhhhhhhling

sigpic

Comment

I should get you a diamond cigarette holder............ Oops sorry we should stop talking about smoking seeing as AS is doing her best to give up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Well one time my agent booked me to do a gig at a club at Seacroft in Leeds.
                  Jesus, talk about a rough estate or what

I am surprised you're alive to tell the tale......
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi everyone

Well, I haven't been being ignorant, honest, I have been changing my routine so much, it included avoiding the pc - I used to smoke when I was on it lol - note the word to USED TO hee hee

Champix is THE BEST imho! No withdrawal cravings so far, and I have been smoke free for one week

When I started on the first of March my carbon monoxide reading was 30 - Heavy smoker on the chart, and bear in mind I'd been cutting down for weeks prior to this

I was allowed to smoke but the tablets made me feel sickie, and I had a pain similar to indigestion in the chest area, however, no pain no gain was the thought I went with and it was manageable at that point. I was also itching like mad - one of the side effects. My daughter thought it was funny - it gave me something to do with my hands pmsl, piriton easily sorted that out.
                    You set your quit date between day 8 and 14 of starting the tablets. I had a family function so set my quit date as 13th March (Sunday)

I did notice that I wasn't smoking as much, and that wasn't a concious decision, I just seemed to be able to go longer between cigarettes without really realising it was happening.

My quit day didn't go according to plan. Everytime I thought about a cigarette, the thought was there and it wouldn't shift. It wasn't a craving... I've experienced them before when I've tried to quit, I can't really explain it, but once the 'thought' was there it wouldn't shift. So I lit up :-( A couple of drags and I put it out. I wasn't getting the 'boost', there was no enjoyment, & my mouth felt bleurgh.... This happened about 6 times that first day (Sunday) Monday, I had smoking clinic to get the next set of Champix.

At the end of Week 1: My Carbon Monoxide reading was down from 30 to 22. Which I was really pleased with given my quit day had only been the day before and I'd had 3 cigs in total all day.

Later that week, having read Alan Carr's book again, I analyzed my reasons for lighting up, I hadn't 'wanted' a cigarette as such, hence knowing it wasn't an actual craving, it was a case of once the thought was there.... so, I deduced that it wasn't the actual cigarette I wanted, it was the smell! - Ok, I'm weird lol, but it really was just that 'fresh ciggy smell' not the 'orrible stale stench I can smell on EVERYTHING.

The reason I figured this out was because when I went to the clinic, there were 3 people outside having a ciggy. The thought had been in my head since I left home, and as I walked past the smokers I 'sniffed' the air a couple of times, and got an 'ah' feeling - please please don't send the men in white coats round haha,
                    Once I got into the entrance foyer, it was an eurgh immediately (stale smoke), but what I hadn't realised at the time was that the 'thought' had gone straight away after smelling the fresh smoke.
                    Putting the now 'theory' to the test, because the thought popped into my head again, I went to the local shop as there is always someone outside having a ciggy. Sure enough, as I walked past, into the fresh smoke, the 'ah' feeling came, and 3 steps later the 'ewww' as the stale smell hit.
                    I spent the rest of that week, every time I thought about cigs, going outside, lighting a cig - but not inhaling it! honest!, and then sniffing until I was fine again lol.

At the end of week 2 my carbon monoxide reading had gone down from 22 to a fantastic...... drum roll please.... 6 !!! The same as a non-smoker :-)

This last week, I haven't put a ciggy to my lips, I still need to 'sniff' occasionally, but I can't stand the 'taste' of dragging on the ciggy to light the damn thing lol. The 'thoughts' are getting a lot less frequent, and because I cba half the time going outside to go through the palaver of lighting some tobacco, to get my 'hit' aren't lasting as long now either lol. I only had 3 sniffs all day yesterday, and that was only because I went to the smoking clinic and shop.

Oh and my carbon monxide reading yesterday? A big fat ZERO

To celebrate my now 'non smoker' status, I went out and bought a lovely new 40" TV to replace our old style widescreen one, with the money I've saved in the last month and a bit.
                    Paid for in cash too - and THAT really was a good feeling

I honestly cannot believe how quickly this has happened, just reading through my original post, just 3 short weeks ago, remembering exactly how I felt as I was writing it.....

Anyone reading this, thinking they can't give up, you can! I couldn't do it on my own though.
                    I've still got a fair way to go yet, but I look at my lovely new tv and know that it's gonna get easier

Always x

Comment

Well done Always
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

well done Always...you're doing really well.... xx

Comment

Hi Allways, Well done Mate

I haven't started giving up yet but I will soon, Ive had 2 lectures in as many weeks down at my Quacks (Doctors).

He said something like, "why don't I donate my body to Medical Science and when they have finished with it they can use the tar in my lungs to resurface the M5".

He asked my when I was getting my peerage for services to the Scrumpy industry.
                          I asked him if he knew something I didn't He said when they ask what you would like to be known as, "Tell them you want to be called Osis" of the Liver" I was totally blank what are you on about. "well he said when you go to Buck House for you investiture Her Madge will ask you to kneel and then she will say Arise Sir Osis of the Liver"

I said I like his one about the M5 better. If he wants to do Comedy then he'd best give up medicine and become a Handyman.

Regards Mate, Well done Handy.
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that e-cigs are not welcome on the 'other' forum (like namely the no smokes thread) and even when they were there was terrible pressure to come off them asap ....

Really winds me up...seems like there's a 'queen bee' on there who will do whatever to make sure she's in control and it's her way for quitting or the highway....

She was fine when it was just me on the e-cigs on 'her' thread - now there's a tonne of us who just lurk she's going ape..

She even reported any links for friendly knowledgeable e-cig threads...the mods don't know unless folk report..

Well next week I shall be 6 months e-cig...1/3 down on nic concentration

SC

Comment

Having trouble reducing from 22mg - 20mg/ml...Okay so I did it a bit soon (after like 10 days) but still....really annoying me. Vaping more than I was on 22mg/ml...might leave it a bit longer. Don't know...Maybe till the end of the week

SC

Comment

Working...
                              X