GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can anyone recommend good resources/forum for single Fathers? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend good resources/forum for single Fathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can anyone recommend good resources/forum for single Fathers?

I don't think much of the Family courts at all. Its been one of those inside jokes between lawyers since I can remember where you know that in a divorce or separation the lawyer acting for the dad is screwed. Frankly there is nothing even slightly amusing about it and ultimately the mums usually win at the kids cost and then the next case comes along and the same happens again whilst all the lawyers and the judiciary pat themselves on the back for keeping the joke going for so long. Every now and again the newspapers and the government say things are going to change and dads will be given a chance but it simply does not happen. When the mum and the courts stop you seeing your kids society then just views you as yet another irresponsible dad who doesn't care about his kids and can't be bothered to keep in touch with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
      I don't think much of the Family courts at all. Its been one of those inside jokes between lawyers since I can remember where you know that in a divorce or separation the lawyer acting for the dad is screwed. Frankly there is nothing even slightly amusing about it and ultimately the mums usually win at the kids cost and then the next case comes along and the same happens again whilst all the lawyers and the judiciary pat themselves on the back for keeping the joke going for so long. Every now and again the newspapers and the government say things are going to change and dads will be given a chance but it simply does not happen. When the mum and the courts stop you seeing your kids society then just views you as yet another irresponsible dad who doesn't care about his kids and can't be bothered to keep in touch with them.

I sat there in the mediation having to listen to slanderous comments being made, if i objected or tried to intervene then I was told to stop bickering.
      I had to listen to complete contradictions being made by my ex.
      I was told the past was irrelevant and had no bearing on the current issues (they are totally relevant) yet when my ex raised the past, it was noted down.
      I was told agree to the ex's wishes or get an order prohibiting my access totally to my son.
      I walked out at that point stating that it was a farce.
      Came back, got told that we were going into court.
      Now have to endure a section 7 report procedure all upon my ex's wishes and go back to court.
      I made my feelings perfectly clear in court that I wasn't happy with the prior proceedings and my reasons why but again this was discounted as "im sure that did not happen".

funny though how cafcass have not rung me back today after a simple request this morning.
      absolutely tamping when you can go round spouting crap about someone yet not be allowed to defend yourself.

you are absolutely correct in saying that it is a joke. The only person that is losing out in all this farce is my son. It's just trying to work out the next steps I can take to rectify the situation, fight against what has been said, disprove the accusations and hopefully regain the bond I have/am losing with my son.

Comment

Hi Stevieb, really sorry to hear about the awful time you are having, I would agree that the system is on the mothers side mostly and that is unfair, parents can be good or bad regardless of their gender and to hear that the courts won't even listen to your side of things is just awful, as you said at the end of the day it should be about what is best for your son - and she should want that too(!), is he very young, I mean is there any chance they could or would speak to him to see what he thinks?

Anyway, I know its pretty useless, as can't do anything constructive to help but just wanted to say that I am on your side!
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

My sons mates all call him Stevieb, another one going through the same. Nothing but grief from CSA, fighting them, kids are used as a tool. Either you pay, do as you are told, or you don't get to see them. Crazy situation.

Comment

Sorry to hear what you're going through Stevieb. It's ridiculous that you're not allowed to be heard.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your grief StevieB.
              I haven't been to court or anything but its all in her favour all the time.....

Best wishes
              SA
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X