GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Week from hell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week from hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week from hell

Originally posted by Ames View Post
    Feel really bad about the last five years living here walking around in my underwear (or worse) totally obliviously Poor neighbours...
    In my case someone walking by would probably reach through th window (if open) and just shut the curtains

Comment

Police dont care about anything unless your driving while on the phone or have no car insurance.

All they care about is giving you a crime reference number for the insurance company.

My car got stolen from a petrol garage once, stupidly i dropped the keys while walking to pay, and a guy came from a car behind, picked them up and jumped in.

Happend to be parked on the only pump which the CCTV was broken. (inside job?)

The police came, took a statement, addmited was unlikely to ever catch or see the car again (what happend to ANPR?)

The twat who nicked the car, decided to hang around my area most of the evening, he was spotted by my mate driving to a fish n chip shop, my mate rang and told me, telephoned the local nick and told them exactly where the car is and was heading, and said hes following them, the police did not want to know.

Lets just say, the guy was 2 minutes from the local nick, they could have deployed a police car with its blues and twos and caught him within 10 minutes, my car would have been returned, along with my mobile, and everyone would be singing happy days...They couldnt do it. Wasnt interested.

The car turned up, driven in to a brick wall while speeding away from police in south london around 2 months later.

Didnt end there, massive arguments with insurance company because it was in my mind a write off, and so much had been altered on the car, the insurance company didnt want to pay out to change it all back as they knew it would jump it over their write off %.

Luckly, it was around the same time i went BR, so i fucked them all and wrote it off in the BR. Had i not, id of had finance to pay on a car that VW admitted i could never sell again.

And i know what its like when you get them days wishing your loved one was around, i get that now with my father, and hes been gone nearly 10 years. It does get easier though i promise.

Some days you do just feel like everything is against you, check out my computer issue thread and you will see what i mean.
      Last edited by SXGuy; 14 October 2012, 07:44.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wish i could offer some real support here but other than i hope you have a better week next week.

Its horrible to hear of people having lots of bad things happen in quick succession.

Heres to a good week next week
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Ermm...this thread is a year old!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Ermm...this thread is a year old!

Has anyone heard from Ames? or is she still traveling?
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
            X