GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How old were you when you cut the pinny strings? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you cut the pinny strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How old were you when you cut the pinny strings?

Lol. My mum died when I was young

I live 40 miles away from dad. Never been to see us once - been here 6 years! Lol
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That is one thing I did not understand, Mother use to say change your underpants to see the Doctor o.k., but the clinic Dentist?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If your dentist is wanting to see your underpants then I think a new dentist should probably be looked for

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          If your dentist is wanting to see your underpants then I think a new dentist should probably be looked for

What she always did no matter where you were going, always had to have clean clothing on, but the clinic dentist was what I remember asking Mother about, the answer was you never know if you were taken ill and went to Hospital at least you you had clean underwear!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i was sent to boarding school at aged 12 so i never really felt close to my parents or brothers , i left school at 17 and got married at 18 so i have been independant since aged 12 .

I pamper my husband and spoil him rotten i did the same with my son's, but its just the way i am i like to look after them , maybe because i never had the love and attention when i was a little girl .

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post

Comment

I suppose I have been really lucky and only cut the pinny strings when dad died earlier this year!

I left home to go to uni and then work, followed by marriage and children, however I have always had my room at my parents house, even when they moved home. As they moved to Cornwall over 30 years ago, once I had children we used to spend all the long holidays visiting them. Once my children were older they all had holiday jobs in Cornwall and treat my parents' home as their home leaving clothes, toys bikes etc there.

Now is the hard time as once dad's house has gone, everything will end.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                  Im 34, i left home about 4 years ago.

I admit, i still take my washing round to my mums, mainly cos i dont have a tumble dryer and it takes forever for my clothes to dry at home LOL

But i actually believe your mother when she says she enjoys it, i think my mum does too, We will always be our mothers son, and some mothers will always treat us as their little boy regardless of age.

I do consider myself to be be able to stand on my own two feet tho.
                  My eldest is 26 with an 11 month old baby boy and he always comes to see me nearly everyday, since his accident as he isn't working now but he is a mummy's boy and i love it lol ,but he has his own life and i just think he loves his mum

Comment

Working...
                  X