GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Here's a Rant. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a Rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here's a Rant.

I understand exactly your situation jojo, however keep your dignity and pride my friend, I know it is difficult to do but if you make your own way you have nothing to thank them for, one day things will come good for you, difficult to see but it will.

Also you are a millionaire mate, with a million pounds worth of love in the bank with your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Hi jojo, I know exactly where you are coming from, I work for a very rich family. They all go on about how tight things are at the moment. But they wouldn't give you the steam off their piss.

Yet you don't see them go without Holiday's or 4 cases of wine a month, just to drink at lunch.

Yet recently when I suggested that my first raise in 3 years is becoming imperative, so that I can afford to pay my bills. I get the lecture on one must economise.

So yesterday I saw £600 spent on a set of winter tyres for the second car that will never ever get used, and at the moment we are putting the finishing touches to a 4.5K revamp of a guest bathroom that will only get used a few times a year.

That's the sort of economising I wish we all could do.

So Regards mate, I know how you feel.

Those of us who have the least always give the most.

Handy.
      Yeah it's ridiculous My F I L has a car collection worth about 1.5 Mil, he recent had the engine rebuilt in a Gullwing that had to be flown to Munich cost 75k, it's just stupid! Still they have their worries, they don't know where their next million is coming from. When he found out that I had been diagnosed with cancer he said "oooh I had a friend that died from that recently" They are unreal, need a reality check.

Your employers should feel ashamed of themselves.

I know what sort of people I would rather have a pint with.
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yet recently when I suggested that my first raise in 3 years is becoming imperative, so that I can afford to pay my bills. I get the lecture on one must economise.
        I'd consider another employer if possible Handy!
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X