GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent2much
    replied
    Re: working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Maybe the job seekers should of told people that when they persuaded them to come off job seekers and start up an eBay shop to claim wtc. They can't have it both ways.

that's what i think it is about, but in our case we're a real business we pay rent weekly and pay electric and although we get a concession on business rates at the moment we do get a bill but because we're a small stall on a market we get a concession of paying nothing as yet but when the concession ends it will be £1600 a year which will put us out of business without a doubt.
    We put our tax returns in every January and have been since 2005 , so in our case we're peeved that it might well cause us hardship as we've put a lot of effort into our business and my husband is even looking into doing a course for repairing pc's so it will boost sales .
    I hope this is as you read it SXgUy because we're a business that has tried very hard, and this has nothing to do with me not being able to work at the moment because i used to have a cleaning job and that finished and im suffering severe anxiety and panic and agoraphobia im receiving help for this but its going to take time, so we hope and pray we won't have our wtc taken off us , if we do we will have see how we can get through it .

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Maybe the job seekers should of told people that when they persuaded them to come off job seekers and start up an eBay shop to claim wtc. They can't have it both ways.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by swiss90 View Post
    lets put it this way we both have the same profits of £50 per week both got the same letter so we know its going to happen after April it what we do now. I think its crap but what do we expect with a crap government. What I am going to do is not put my books in until October or do it online near Jan next year which gives me more time
    we just did ours last night and it was dire, so just waiting to see what happens in April, if like sxguy says they are basing it on whether you're a real business with potential to make a profit (i hope this is so) or how you say. I was under the impression though that nothing would change until universal credits came in which did give us some time as it isn't happening in our region until 2020 , but then that letter was a shocker , it seems the government want us out of business , i can see their point of view because if a business isn't making a living why should the benefits system top up the wage, but on the other hand we're not just someone who has started a business for the easy life , my husband hasn't signed on in 20 + years so its not like he was trying to avoid that .
    We just have to see what they do i guess .

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

lets put it this way we both have the same profits of £50 per week both got the same letter so we know its going to happen after April it what we do now. I think its crap but what do we expect with a crap government. What I am going to do is not put my books in until October or do it online near Jan next year which gives me more time

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

that's all we can do. I have been stressed out from the day I got the letter. why they sent the letter out that time of year is beyond me spoilt Christmas I can tell you that

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

I am also looking into he fact I you have not paid in enough to the government because I was on a low income via self employed I may not be allowed to sign on, maybe that's what they are trying to do. saving on WT and JSA if you have not paid in enough

I know what you mean , i think with you having a child you will get something . We dont' have children they're grown up now and left home , just going to wait and see what happens .

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

I am also looking into he fact I you have not paid in enough to the government because I was on a low income via self employed I may not be allowed to sign on, maybe that's what they are trying to do. saving on WT and JSA if you have not paid in enough

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

I think it is stupid to put sole traders out of work for the sake of receiving wtc because it is less than dole money plus in our case we would claim mortgage help for up to two years and that;s 65 quid a week on top of dole money which for a couple is 115 a week , makes no sense to me at all .

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

oh so looks like we both will be unemployed. I give up

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

oh no its only the past few years that we have been really struggling, i would say the business makes around 50 quid a week profit which i crap compared to what it used to make, and that was a hell of a lot more but the past few years have been crap .

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

Are you saying you have not made a profit in 9 years with your business? I am only making 200-300 per month profit so I know I will have to go back on benefits. It is wrong as I am a single father looking after a 11 year old girl. so they will take away £95 per week working tax and the profit I make at the moment say £50 per week which comes to £145.00 I will lose once they kick me off self employed . I did for the past two years not make any profit but this year I know I will make a profit but not what the government wants me to make. so looks like back on the doll until my daughter is old enough to look after herself . looks I better get buying some boxset to keep me busy lol

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

S2M hi how long have you had your business for?? How long have you not been making a profit is it just over Christmas. is it just your husband that is self employed is there no other income coming in?

Hi, a few years now not making much profit , we have managed to get by with the help of wtc, the business has been running since 2005 , it was really good back then , it all changed in 2007 and went down hill, we don't have any other income, i suffer severe anxiety and have agoraphobia and receiving therapy for it , been told it will take months because of my problems which go back to when i was a little girl.

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

S2M hi how long have you had your business for?? How long have you not been making a profit is it just over Christmas. is it just your husband that is self employed is there no other income coming in?

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

If our holiday to Rhodes wasn't paid for i wouldn't go but no point in cancelling that just to give it to someone else . what a mess this is and im useless cos too scared to go out by myself

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Could you move to a smaller house S2M?

would love to but after paying back mortgage we would only have about 30 thousand to buy another one and that won't buy a house .
    I think if we lose wtc hubby will have to close the business and sign on then we would get some help with the mortgage , but even that isn't guaranteed .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X