GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent2much
    replied
    Re: working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

it's causing self employed to lie all ways in my opinion .

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

This needs to stop. Someone needs to start a petition. Net profit of a business is after allowable expenses. It does not form part of an income in the real sense. Let's look at Ltd companies. Net profit remains property of the company. You would have to draw on it via wages or dividend. Self employed can't do that. That to me says they are discriminating against self employed

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

it gets worse for self employed

https://word.office.live.com/wv/Word...eductions.docx

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Concentrate on your health and PIP application for now S2M
    thats what i am going to do, off to the doctors this evening to ask him for a letter to ask for a home assessment as the thought of a meeting with others makes me too anxious xx

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Concentrate on your health and PIP application for now S2M

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I think SXGuy and myself have been saying that all along

As long as you're running a real business (which you are) then you should be alright.
    fingers crossed lol

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    I have been reading some replies to questions about what happens and this is one of the replies .

' I just had to verify my business by showing appointments book , receipts and my business card..and clarify the nature of my business '

So seems we will be okay
    I think SXGuy and myself have been saying that all along

As long as you're running a real business (which you are) then you should be alright.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

I have been reading some replies to questions about what happens and this is one of the replies .

' I just had to verify my business by showing appointments book , receipts and my business card..and clarify the nature of my business '

So seems we will be okay

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Guys. Without trying to sound funny. The profit you show on your accounts is nothing to do with how much money you have for yourself. If your really worried about it then reduce the expenses you show to raise your net profit. Let's not forget, if they are basing wtc on your net profit then that's one easy way to "improve" your position.

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Hi swiss90. I can empathise with you about being a single parent as I was one for many years. I think all you can do is as SXGuy says in post #52 and complete your WTC form and send it off. It may be that someone from HMRC may want to see proof that you are a real business. As both you and S2M are running actual businesses you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

Pixie you are correct HMRC are contacting people who are self employed who earn below the Min Wage that's the whole point myself and I believe SM2 are not reaching that, that's the whole point of these posts. If we were earning min wage we would not be worried. You say about getting a 2nd Job to add more money to the pot, but when you are a single parent it hard to find work that I can work around my child. I tried before going self employed and the only jobs around my area is Factory work which is shifts 6-2. 2-10. 10-6 back shift and night shift I will not be able to get a child minder for. As my daughter is only 11 I could not leave my daughter at night not at her age she is now.

I fully understand that government what to crack down on people who don't want to work. but I am out every day delivering leaflets I thought it was better than being unemployed I guess not so now I am being forced back being on jsa until I my daughter is older. I live in the country side so jobs are low esp if I can not work shifts

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    I can't help but say it again. Your all over analysing things.
    I agree SXGuy. I tried to explain why in post #55.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post

I think you're right .

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Originally posted by swiss90 View Post
    As you can see by what another person has written on facebook it is not just me that has been in contact with HMRC. As I stated you have to been earning £7.20 per hour or £252 per week profit or close to it. I am not sure it I should give in now and sign on because there is no way I could get to that amount by April
    I still think that you're misreading it swiss90. HMRC are writing to businesses who claim WTC and whose average hourly rate is less then the NMW.
    New Eligibility for Working Tax Credit

HMRC is contacting some self-employed recipients of Working Tax Credit whose average hourly profit is less than the National Minimum Wage, which is currently £6.70 per hour and will rise to £7.20 in April. < BR>

Your self-employment now needs to be:
    • done on a commercial basis, with a view to making a profit
    • done regularly and in an organised way

You may not qualify if you do not:
    • make, or plan to make, a profit
    • have good business records
    • work regularly
    • follow regulations for your trade or profession

Requested information may include:
    • records of earnings and hours worked
    • invoices for the work you have done
    • receipts for expenses
    • summaries of orders or payments received
    • a business plan
    • how the activity is organised and promoted

In other words you have to run a business properly and not simply say that you are self-employed so that you receive more than JSA which I'm sure some people do. As both you and S2M run legitimate businesses I think you'll be okay though you may have to show how you intend to make the businesses more profitable. I'm not saying that the government won't stop WTC if you're not making NMW but I think that may be in the future. You may need to take on a part-time job to supplement your business. JSA is not the way to go if you can help it!

I have an interest in this as I'm about to start a business and will need to claim WTC, at least to start with.

it is true, my husband phoned yesterday for me as i get so anxious and a form has been sent out, i've been back to the doctors too who prescribed another medication he know my phobia of medication but said to try it if i can , well last night i opened the packet took out a pill and couldn't take it .
    But last night i slept for 8 hours solid so maybe just making the first step has eased some anxiety, who knows eh x
    Do try and take the medication if you can S2M, it really can help, even if you only take it short term while the counselling/therapy you're receiving from Open Minds starts working. What is the name of the medication? (PM me if you don't want to post it on here. I may know something about it) My elderly Dad has a lot of pain in his legs, through arthritis made worse because of an accident he had about 50 years ago, but he refused to take medication because, in his words, "you feel pain for a reason." I said you know the reason, now go to the doctor's! He went, was prescribed painkillers and now feels a little better.

Look at your mental health in the same way as your debts. You felt a lot better once you started to take charge didn't you? So yes, I think taking the first step will have eased your mind xx

How are you now pixie i often thought about you and i prayed for you too x
    Thank you S2M. I'm fine as far as the cancer goes. There are a few other problems but I'm getting there xx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X