GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent2much
    replied
    Re: working tax credits changes for self employed from 6th April 2016

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    It's good that you're getting help Mental health problems that are caused by deep-seated events long ago are so difficult to overcome BUT they can be with the right help. I'm lucky in that I haven't had anything like that in my past, although I have suffered from anxiety and depression at times, but I do know people who have overcome some terrible thigs happening to them in their childhoods. Strangely enough, it was being diagnosed with cancer that altered my way of thinking about things. I suppose a "brush with death" makes you realise what's important in life. I did a Mindfulness course at the local hospice and that really helped me. I do hope you start to feel better; it would be a shame for your past to carry on affecting your life.

You won't know unless you try

it is true, my husband phoned yesterday for me as i get so anxious and a form has been sent out, i've been back to the doctors too who prescribed another medication he know my phobia of medication but said to try it if i can , well last night i opened the packet took out a pill and couldn't take it .
    But last night i slept for 8 hours solid so maybe just making the first step has eased some anxiety, who knows eh x

How are you now pixie i often thought about you and i prayed for you too x
    Last edited by Spent2much; 28 January 2016, 09:02.

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

sorry the link is https://www.facebook.com/KnutsfordChildminding

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

As you can see by what another person has written on facebook it is not just me that has been in contact with HMRC. As I stated you have to been earning £7.20 per hour or £252 per week profit or close to it. I am not sure it I should give in now and sign on because there is no way I could get to that amount by April

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

omg you should read this what is this country coming to if child minders are getting hit about being self employed on a low wage what chance do we have read this

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nurser...in-tax-credits

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    thank you , i go to 'open minds' and hopefully will start to improve but they said my anxiety is deep rooted from being a little girl with three major tragedies that is part of the course .
    It's good that you're getting help Mental health problems that are caused by deep-seated events long ago are so difficult to overcome BUT they can be with the right help. I'm lucky in that I haven't had anything like that in my past, although I have suffered from anxiety and depression at times, but I do know people who have overcome some terrible thigs happening to them in their childhoods. Strangely enough, it was being diagnosed with cancer that altered my way of thinking about things. I suppose a "brush with death" makes you realise what's important in life. I did a Mindfulness course at the local hospice and that really helped me. I do hope you start to feel better; it would be a shame for your past to carry on affecting your life.

I really hope i can get PIP as it will help , i have never claimed any help ever .
    You won't know unless you try

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Thank you pixie. People are getting caught up on a line of text on their bit of paper. Truth is you always had to prove that you had a real business as part of the claim. Nothings changed there.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Good luck...it will help you to feel better I think.
    thank you , i go to 'open minds' and hopefully will start to improve but they said my anxiety is deep rooted from being a little girl with three major tragedies that is part of the course .

I really hope i can get PIP as it will help , i have never claimed any help ever .

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

My gP is aware and i have been suggested i apply for PIP .
    Good luck...it will help you to feel better I think.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

If you're suffering severe anxiety, panic and agrophobia S2M presumably your GP is aware of this? Why not look into claiming ESA?

My gP is aware and i have been suggested i apply for PIP .

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

I have just re-read the letter and, so long as you have a "real" business I don't think you need to worry. Send your form in and see what they say and if you don't agree then appeal it.

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

That is what we are going to do. Its not just the hmrc that says all this its all over the internet regarding new rules for the low self employed. maybe it time the government stats taking from the rich instead of the poor. first they took from students, then disabled, elderly, unemployed, sick, and now low self employed where is the rich in all this

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

who says everyone who is on low paid self employed are people that sell things on ebay. some people what to try and help themselves instead of staying unemployed. At least we are trying. I want my daughter to say in the future my dad tried to bring in money when there was no jobs at least he did not stay on the doll

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Well one way to prove me wrong. (hmrc desk donkeys who answer the phone aint always right) is by filling out your wtc form and see what happens

Leave a comment:

• swiss90
    replied

I also have a real business I am a photographer and graphic designer and also deliver the leaflets I design for my clients. The weddings I do I cant charge to much as there is a lot of competition. I have read the letter again and it states

1. you must be making a profit or aim to make a profit .....I am making a profit but not min wage
    2. You must have insurance ......I do have this and I am covered for £100000 and have my equipment insured
    3. All your records must be kept in order.....They are
    4. Must be getting paid......I do
    5. Must work on a regular basis....I work everyday either drumming up new business or working on my art work, or delivering the leaflets for my clients

Because I do not earn min wage I will lose my WT

I am a single dad and have to work around my child.most of the jobs in my area are shift work which I can not do.
    If I lose my WT I will lose £95 per week plus the £50-£60 per week I earn.
    sod it I give up

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

If you're suffering severe anxiety, panic and agrophobia S2M presumably your GP is aware of this? Why not look into claiming ESA?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X