GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring

Yes I think I will be going down that route.

ShedAnd
    You got to fight for your right to PARRRTIEEEE!!!

Comment

Let me know how you get on - I'm usually on the other side of the fence and have only been taken to Tribunal once which was for redundancy but the employees were ill advised by their union and ended up losing spectacularly! If I can be of any help I will try though - just shout.

Jane x

Comment

Ok I certainly will Jane.

Comment

ShedAnd how's it going? Did you speak to ACAS?

Jane x

Comment

No didn't phone ACAS, But on the better side of things I have managed to find some fulltime employment, started today.

But I still might go to employment tribunial because they cannot keep doing this, but my question is, Would they still look at me because I have found employment or would they still take on the case as it was unfair dismissel?

Oh and im not covered on my house insurance because I always request not to have legal cover, but I think I might start having it from now on.
            Last edited by ShedAnd; 25 March 2013, 17:26.

Comment

Great news about new employment . The thing about taking it to tribunal is that will be looking at the main sum awarded to mitigate your loss. Is the new job the same pay? They may award an amount for personal upset but it isn't likely to be that big. If your new job pays less they could award you the difference for a set period of time (last one I heard was 12 months).

With that said they really messed up the process and in my opinion it sounds like an unfair selection (obviously I make that judgement on only hearing your side of things). They could very well make you an offer to go away if you begin the process and it is free I know what I would do

Jane x
              Last edited by tastyjane; 25 March 2013, 19:40.

Comment

I thought I would update the outcome of what happened, (long story short).

I decided to get in touch with Employment Tribunal, sent a letter and they took the case on, sent my claim to ex employer and a copy to ACAS, Ex employer decided to pay out 60% of claim before it got to court, so I took me and the wife on holiday with the cash I got.

My advise to anyone going through a similar situation as I did is, Employment tribunal is a free service and so is ACAS (They are a mediator), give it a go and you maybe pleasantly surprised with the outcome, I was.

Comment

Working...
                X