GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring

I believe in the meeting there will be 3 in total, Me and two managers, 1 that is doling out the redundancies and the other who scored my matrix, (my line manager).

Will I be best giving them a copy before the meeting or shall I wait until the meeting and hand it over then, allowing them time to take it away to answer the questions?

Thanks ShedAnd
    You got to fight for your right to PARRRTIEEEE!!!

Comment

I would take it into the meeting with you, no decisions should be made tomorrow - a consultation meeting is to explore the situation and it is important that they listen to any ideas or reasons you feel you shouldn't be selected for redundancy. Most cases end up in tribunal because companies use the consultation interview to impart the "bad" news!! Do not comply with process, do not pass go, definitely collect £200

I would take two copies and let them do the talking to begin with - when they ask if you have any questions or suggestions hand them over and then say you would like a few minutes to go through the questions with you but understand it may take sometime for them to get back to you with their answers.

I know its difficult but try not to act aggressively with them, just smile and be the consummate professional, they wont know how to deal with that I bet!

They should be exploring all possibilities with you tomorrow, talking to you about any alternative positions within the company etc - it really should not be a foregone conclusion by this point.....

Good luck,

Jane x

Comment

Keep calm and remember that the people at the interview are unhappy about the interview as well. The aim is to try and change their mind and keep you on. However, if they decide to let you go, you need to ensure you know what you are entitled to and what they will pay, give or take from you.

If you are selected definitely - e.g. not dependent on a new order

ask

if there will be any job swapping - if you are made redundant and are able to find a person who wishes to take redundancy in your place, would the job swap be allowed?

if you find another job in the company will you still be at risk of redundancy?

when you will have to leave e.g. do you want to work your notice so that you can take advantage of any training of finding a new job elsewhere or would you prefer to take payment in lieu of notice as you may line up a new job quickly

when you can leave, e.g. if there you get a new job before the final date of employment

if there are any restrictions on future employment, as some companies may include a clause in their contracts to 'protect their interests' which prevent you from working in another company in the same industry for x months/years.

Comment

Any news Shedand? How did it go?

Jane x

Comment

Hi Jane,
            I think it went OK, The manager (A) doling out the redundancies started the meeting buy just saying to me something like "Right go ahead" a bit of a funny way to start a meeting that I was invited to I thought, but I cracked on and told him how I was feeling about the situation I am in, and I do understand the situation the company is in, and they do need to make the detailed cut backs, I went on to tell them there is no real alternative to redundancies, but I am here to challenge the matrix and then handed an envelope to him containing my questions, he looked at them and before I read them out I said "I don't expect any answers now but you can take them away and answer them in your own time" Both managers sat quietly and listened, After reading them out the manager (B) who scored the matrix seemed a little shocked.
            I then told both managers what active roles I do within my work area, (basically all the roles in my area), then I expressed my feelings about the company and I do want to see it recover from the hardship its going through, and want to be an active part of it and I have a lot to offer the company.
            Manager (A) then rearranged another meeting for tomorrow and we all agreed on the time.
            Throughout the whole of the meeting (about 15 mins) Manager (B) was totally silent and just wrote a few notes down (I think he was trying to pen down the questions but seemed a bit too much for him) and he seemed a little taken aback and shocked. (He must have underestimated me).
            10 minutes before the meeting I decided find out about my one of my recorded lateness' and asked accounts department "What time did I clock in on 12 December 2012" she then looked at the records and told me "7.50 am and that I was not late" she then looked on the computer and saw I was marked down as late (this where the managers get their Info from) this was corrected promptly and manager (A) was made aware of this immediately.

Thankyou to all who has been helping me through this and for all the support.

Comment

shed it is much easier to get rid of someone who lets themselves be run over, when you sit up and yell (in an informed manner) it sometimes takes them back.

sounds like you did a good job to-day

finger crossed for tomorrow

Comment

I've got my fingers crossed for you too
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks MrsD..

Comment

Well done it sounds like you did yourself proud!

It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes, hopefully they will have realised they need to tread carefully

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                      Well done it sounds like you did yourself proud!

It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes, hopefully they will have realised they need to tread carefully

Jane x
                      I will give you an update tomorrow, and they probably thought all four of us will be easy to out, not this one anyway.

Cheers Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                        I've got my fingers crossed for you too

Thanks for the support IF..

Comment

Don't forget if the worst comes to the worst their answers to your questions can be submitted to the tribunal so I hope they are mindful of that in responding!

Good luck again and don't forget to ask for minutes of today's meeting a d written responses to your queries.

Jane x

Comment

There was nobody taking the minutes.

I think they will be putting the answers down on paper but if they don't I will be asking them too.

Comment

Any news today?

Jane x

Comment

Hi, I am going to keep this brief because I have had a terrible day at work of which became two meetings.
                                Manager (A) refused to write the answers down to my questions, so I wrote them down.
                                1. Who exactly is in my selection pool?
                                A, whole of assembly (6 inc supervisor)

2. What source or sources have been used to help influence the scoring?
                                A, Personal record by my line manager (B) recent appraisals

3. Have my training record and recent appraisals been used to help score me fairly?
                                A, I have answered this in last question

4. Why was I given a 5% pay increase in January if I am underperforming?
                                A, Nobody said I was underperforming.

5. Why was only one person used to assess the matrix and not more for a more objective result?
                                A, after talking to our legal advisor, my matrix was reassessed by my area supervisor and scored the same

6. In the skills and competence section of the matrix, I believe (1) is more accurate for me as I am multi skilled and do take on a range of different roles showing competence in whatever I do and I do not need any supervision whilst doing my duties but I do take an active role in helping out my fellow workers including training a new employee recently employed.
                                A, that’s my opinion, so I told him no answer then.

7. Work performance section of the matrix, I think needs to be reassessed, as my standards are very high, please could you clarify on this very part of the matrix and demonstrate the difference between the five subsections?
                                A, My opinion again/ second review same answer.

8. Attendance section of the matrix, if my attendance is classed as POOR, why wasn’t I ever made aware of this?
                                I told them not to answer 8 because I had this changed prior to the meeting yesterday.

Then I asked "was my area supervisor in the original pool?"
                                A, yes

Then I asked "as he been taken out of the pool?"
                                No answer, but commented "I do not have to answer that because it’s confidential info".

I think he had just realised that he had made a MASSIVE mistake then.
                                Meeting ended.

At around 12.50 I was asked in to the meeting room again at 1 O'clock.
                                In the meeting there was Manager (A) and the only member of accounts(C).
                                I was then informed by (A) that (B) will be writing the minutes down.

These are the minutes.
                                Me (1) arrived at the meeting and expressed the surprised at being called to the meeting.
                                (A) Went through the discussions in the previous meeting with (1). (A) Then told (1) that the assessment of (1) carried out by my area supervisor was invalid he had been re-assessed by **** ****-General Manager, ***** *****- Managing Director and *** ****- Q.A. manager. The average score for all assessments remains at 11.5.
                                (1) Wanted confirmation of who had done his assessments and asked if they had seen any previous assessments in case they were influenced by it. (A) Confirmed they had not seen any previous assessments and had done them independently.
                                (1) Requested copies of all the assessments including the one completed by the area supervisor and (A) agreed to copies of all them bar one completed by the supervisor as this was not relevant.
                                (1) Enquired to whom he could appeal if/when he gets made redundant and (A) advised that it in the company handbook he can appeal to the company director.
                                (1) Stated that for now he's going to carry on working like normal until the meeting on Monday.
                                No further discussions took place and the meeting concluded at 13.15.
                                #
                                OK so it wasn't that brief...lol
                                Last edited by ShedAnd; 12 March 2013, 20:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X