GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Redundancy chosen by matrix scoring

I took the rest of the week off on holiday so they can't keep on bothering me I'm back in Monday morning and my meeting is 9.30, I wish not to keep my job as I has been treat unfairly and no longer want to work there, if I do keep my job I will job battle on and search for alternative employment afterwards, I have a feeling they might ask me to sign a compromising agreement, that won't be happening.

Cheers Shed
    You got to fight for your right to PARRRTIEEEE!!!

Comment

If they do produce a compromise agreement, you need a solicitor pronto, which they will pay for, just keep it in mind because these things are a minefield, but if you have a good solicitor and you know what you want, then it can be profitable

Comment

Hi,

I wouldn't rule out a compromise agreement to be honest - what they offer is just a starting point and as Mrs D says they have to pay for you to see an solicitor. Don't forget that if you are made redundant and then find a job relatively quickly even if you win at tribunal your payment will be based on loss of earnings.

If you negotiate a lump sum compromise agreement you would be free to start work the next day at a new job and the amount would be all yours :-)

I will keep an eye out for Monday's update.

Jane x

Comment

You should not have to sign a CA for compulsory redundancy unless they are making it worth your while.

If you refuse to sign a CA they may not pay you more than the minimum legal requirement. It is their way of making you promise not to take them to a tribunal.

In some companies, the payment for voluntary redundancy is the same as for compulsory redundancy. If you don't sign a CA for VR you don't get it and perhaps are then CRd. They also do not always negotiate.

With regard to the solicitor, check how much they will pay, and make sure the solicitor stays within those limits or you will need to pay the difference. The solicitor is only paid by the company to explain the content of the CA and its impact on you. They are not paid to negotiate a settlement, so if the amount paid by the company does not cover it they won't, unless you pay.

If you are a member of a union, they may work your behalf.

Comment

I totally agree Julian, the solicitor will only check the validity of the ca, however ShedAnd seems more than capable to negotiate the settlement, if they realise they are on dodgy ground re process I suspect they will want him to go quietly.

Whenever we use without prejudice agreements we will always start low and have another couple of months money up our sleeves. Many people don't realise these offers are negotiable. A fixed fee for the solicitor will be written into the agreement so you should get a cost from the solicitor in advance and in my experience the company will settle the bill directly.

Jane x

Comment

Thank you all for your so far, I will be updating after the meeting tomorrow just to let you all know the outcome.#

If the manager who is doing the redundancy plan has any sense he should be looking at all options to keep me quiet and stop me from tearing strips from the company in court.

Thanks ShedAnd

Comment

How did it go ShedAnd?

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                  How did it go ShedAnd?
                  Jane x

Hi Jane, It went as I expected and was made redundant, they have given me one month pay in lieu of notice and did not ask me to sign a compromise agreement, but gave me the option whether or not to work my notice I chose not to.

They included an appeals procedure, giving me the chance to appeal to a manager underneath the manager doing the redundancy procedure. (I cannot get my head round this bit) as I am lead to believe that you have to appeal to a higher manager who can overturn the made decision.

I did say I was surprised they did not ask me to sign a compromising agreement, and both of the managers didn't know what one exactly was, but thought it was so I don’t go to a competitor!!!(Muppets).
                  Last edited by ShedAnd; 18 March 2013, 19:13.

Comment

Interesting - I take it they don't have a HR department

Your company must have a written disciplinary policy - what does that state as your right to appeal? Normally appeals will be to the Managing Director in a small company which is why you would not normally include them in setting or marking criteria.

Are you going to appeal?

Jane x

Comment

Interesting - I take it they don't have a HR department

Your company must have a written disciplinary policy - what does that state as your right to appeal? Normally appeals will be to the Managing Director in a small company which is why you would not normally include them in setting or marking criteria.

Are you going to appeal?

Jane x
                      The writen procedure is to the MD but as you do know he was used in the selection procedure.

I haven't decided on appealing yet as I think I could just take it straight to employment tribunail,

Comment

I would give ACAS a ring in the morning if it was me - they would probably ring you anyway once you lodge your claim - they are pretty good to be honest.

You have three months less one day to lodge a claim with the tribunal; check your house insurance as a friend of mine was covered for one of the best employment law lawyers through hers.

Just a thought - how long have you worked for them? Sorry if you have put this before.

Jane x

Comment

18 months so I am in the old time scale of one year.

Comment

And no redundancy payment

Jane x

Comment

And no redundancy payment

No just 1 months payment in lieu of notice.

Comment

OK I take it that was in your contract? Get on the phone to ACAS and check your insurance then lodge a claim. Make sure you keep all the paperwork safe now You'll be fine.

Jane x

Comment

Working...
                                X