GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Failed ATOS Farce - Help!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed ATOS Farce - Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Failed ATOS Farce - Help!!

And to make things even more laughable ..

I had a letter dated 23/11/11 telling me that my medical cert runs out on the 21/11/11 and I should get a new one to them by the 22/11/11 ... the letter was delivered on Saturday ...

I cannot get an appointment to see my doctor till Monday 5th December .. go figure

*sob*

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb View Post
      My argument is, the consultants and the physio have all said I cannot return to work, otherwise it will aggravate the shoulder injury more, thus making the last lot of surgery redundant and put me back to an even worse position than I am on now.

Cortisone injections in my spine haven't helped at all, so the next stage is literally disc removal + fusion of the vertabrae.

Yet their 'doctor' maintains that I am fit for work.!
      Their 'doctor' probably is not even a registered medical practitioner as such - a lot of the ATOS examination wallahs are nurse practitioners, midwives or had 'qualified' overseas; if they had qualified in the UK, they'll have retired years ago. Such pseudo-medical numpties and superannuated quacks are less expensive than qualified doctors who are currently fit to practice.

As a result, they are not bound by the principles of Hippocrates, the first of which is, "First, do no harm."

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble with ATOS etc. The 'system' is seriously flawed, a complete farce to declare you fit for work! At least you will still receive money whilst going through the appeal process. Make sure you get some help with the appeal, someone like Welfare Rights.

Get well soon matey xxx

Comment

"Their 'doctor' probably is not even a registered medical practitioner as such - a lot of the ATOS examination wallahs are nurse practitioners, midwives or had 'qualified' overseas; if they had qualified in the UK, they'll have retired years ago. Such pseudo-medical numpties and superannuated quacks are less expensive than qualified doctors who are currently fit to practice."

As a result, they are not bound by the principles of Hippocrates, the first of which is, "First, do no harm." (Cleverclogs post 32)

Hence you have no legal requirement to discuss medical conditions with them. If I am expected to discuss any medical matter with an unknown nurse(practitioner or otherwise) or doctor of any rank I now demand to see their licence to practice medicine in the UK issued by the General Medical or their registration with the Royal College of Nursing. Failure to produce ussually results with me making a complaint direct to the GMC or the RCN demanding discipliniaru action being taken against the psuedo medic and that they take criminal action against anyone acting in such a role which includes most of the ATOS staff.

Its amazing how quickly some of the medical arseholes back down sharpish at the mention of the GMC these days particularly after the Shipman debacle. The standards required of all medical practitioners are laid down in the procedures of both august bodies and they start with:-

"All doctors should behave in a manner such that a patient is confident to place their lives in theat doctor's hands" or words to that effect.

Anything other and the practitioner is guilty of professional misconduct and may well be struck offf on complaint being made.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
            The 'system' is seriously flawed
            The system now in place was deliberately flawed, as ATOS are expected to find the results predicted by the barren Baron, 'Lord' David Fraud Freud. You may recall that he was the former merchant banker who declared that some/many/most of the people claiming IB were really fit for work.

When one reads reports of obviously disabled people being refused benefits because of the 'examination' and decisions made by those pseudo-medical numpties, one cannot avoid wondering if the system was set up as a sort of privatised version of Aktion T4 - link - whereby the deed might be done by the individuals themselves.

Comment

Like this:

Disgusting give the chap a ground floor flat or install a stairlift you have a duty of care.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23593499/

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                Its amazing how quickly some of the medical arseholes back down sharpish at the mention of the GMC these days particularly after the Shipman debacle. The standards required of all medical practitioners are laid down in the procedures of both august bodies and they start with:-

"All doctors should behave in a manner such that a patient is confident to place their lives in that doctor's hands" or words to that effect.

Anything other and the practitioner is guilty of professional misconduct and may well be struck off on complaint being made.
                Or not, as the case may be. (link)

So it is that one medical practitioner in Wales is still allowed to prescribe her celebrated turd transplants - link. It is not known if the doctor would supply her own ordure for such an ordeal or, if she did, how much she'd charge per spoonful.
                Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 28 November 2011, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Like this:

Disgusting give the chap a ground floor flat or install a stairlift you have a duty of care.

But don't they also have a duty of care to Tracy, a teenage single mother of twins, who can hardly be expected to lug her baby buggy up and down the stairs?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    But don't they also have a duty of care to Tracy, a teenage single mother of twins, who can hardly be expected to lug her baby buggy up and down the stairs?
                    That's probably for a different thread CC, we can debate elsewhere but for now, I think it'd be best to try to keep this thread on topic
                    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      Like this:

Ugh this article has been taken out of context as it says "they are missing info" Surely when they receive all info they will put him on a priority.

Comment

Working...
                      X