GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Failed ATOS Farce - Help!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed ATOS Farce - Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Failed ATOS Farce - Help!!

Yea it's a bloody joke ain't it?

If this isn't overturned something is so fucking wrong.

Comment

Can you get a consultant to write you a letter/type a report or something to send to an appeal hearing?
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Read a case yesterday where an person claiming to be from Afgan who was actually Morrocan claimed £400000k from benefits claimed to be paralysed from neck down brought his relatives over to look after him had numerous visits by benefts people absolutely nothing wrong with him, jailed for a few years then back to screwing this system again probably, this country stinks when it comes to looking after people who really need help.

Comment

StevieB,

Right evidence is the key here for any tribunal, which btw is likely on recent stats to take between 9/18 mths.

However that is more than enough time to compile your evidence, so if you have not got all your notes from the Hospital do it now it will cost you £50 but that will be money well spent and if your case is proved you can claim that fee back from DWP.

Also research the condition you have on the internet and print off and enclose with appeal forms.

Below is the DWP A to Z of medical conditions you may find what you are looking for there.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...al-conditions/

Also bear in mind that nearly all appeals with representation win so please please do not try and do it on your own, Go to Citizens Advice or see if your area has a welfare rights officer or indeed a solicitor as quite a few sols do tribunal appeals with legal aid which you can get due to being on benefits.

Finally Good Luck

Regards
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27 November 2011, 10:22.

Comment

Has it not been the case for a very long time now? Indigenous people here in the UK are the victims of racial discrimination NOT the perpetrators? It spreads right across the board insuating itself into every sector of life in the UK.

Bring back National Service and they serve for a full three years on 2 bob and three meals a day no argument before being entitled to anything. Not many would stay and not many would want to come. Grrrrrrrr!

If any one wants a clear recent example look at Caer Park in Wrexham, white caucasian families, full British citizens denied housing but homes were found and fully furnished and fully equiped for immigrants who had no connection with the UK AT ALL. Mainly Turkish Kurds who falsely claimed political asylum. Which CANNOT be under international law of asylum.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              StevieB,

Right evidence is the key here for any tribunal, which btw is likely on recent stats to take between 9/18 mths.
              WTF! I really want/need to be back in work long before then.

My argument is, the consultants and the physio have all said I cannot return to work, otherwise it will aggravate the shoulder injury more, thus making the last lot of surgery redundant and put me back to an even worse position than I am on now.

Cortisone injections in my spine haven't helped at all, so the next stage is literally disc removal + fusion of the vertabrae.

Yet their 'doctor' maintains that I am fit for work.!

How ridiculous is this system. fecks sake I really do not want to be on the long term sick, I would just like enough time to actually recover

Comment

Hi Stevie, I can help you with this I did it with NO medical reports I went off what was actually my problem and after spelling it out they got it..

BUT as soon as you appeal you get paid anyway... soooo your ok. So some people never make it to tribunal because by that time your "fixed enough" to get back to work

So if its the money you want then yeah you will get your rate as soon as you appeal

Comment

Not sure it's money he wants Jen, more likely it's money he needs
                  Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                  Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

I can help you with this I did it with NO medical reports I went off what was actually my problem and after spelling it out they got it..
                    Whilst this can be true it all depends what tribunal judge you get it is very much the same as court in this respect.

It is a statistic set in stone that those who have no representation face a higher fail rate.

Do you really expect to be back at work within 9/18 mths? because back injuries do take a long-time to repair.

Comment

Do you really expect to be back at work within 9/18 mths? because back injuries do take a long-time to repair.
                      Ermm, steve is driving home from work as we speak mate - he's like superhuman! No kidding......
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I don't know anything about these medicals/tribunals but it does seem ridiculous that they're saying that you're fit to work (though the fact that Niddy says you're driving home from work might support what they're saying!!) I realise that it's probably a case of you needing to work for the money.

It makes me sick that someone in genuine need can't get help yet scroungers with 'a bad back' and druggies/alkies can get it
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Ermm, steve is driving home from work as we speak mate - he's like superhuman! No kidding......
                          I was kidding guys - sorry, we always take the piss outta each other *ahem*
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well, rest assured whilst your going through the motions of appealing you will get paid.

Most GPs are willing to hand over evidence needed like files and even write a personal statement for you. depends on what your GP is like.

Comment

This says it all.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=atos+complaints&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla-USfficial&client=firefox-a

http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatos.html

http://www.bma.org.uk/employmentandc...cesdoctors.jsp
                              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27 November 2011, 23:10.

Comment

Yes, short of having surgery on my back there is nothing more they can do. (I am reluctant to go through with this, as 2 operations down so far have left me worse than I was prior to them)

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                It's such a long way from the keyboard ..

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                It makes me sick that someone in genuine need can't get help yet scroungers with 'a bad back' and druggies/alkies can get it
                                Now I am not one to give in easily, and my case and point in this matter is simple.
                                I was told in 2008 that I would be lucky to work again, but determination and ignoring the pain I went back to work.
                                The way things have unfolded this year, is such that I have had 2 operations and a number of 'procedures' (injections etc) in my back.
                                Due to the timing, and outcome of these has caused me to have longer off of work that I wished.
                                11th July, operation on my hand.
                                10th August, Injections in my neck, mid back.
                                26th September operation to my shoulder.
                                3rd November dye tests and injections into my lower back.
                                plus various hospital visits in between for xray's mri's and consultations.

When I had the ATOS medical I was 6 weeks post shoulder op, and had been advised by the consultants and the surgeons at the hospital that as I still didn't have full use of my shoulder, and as a consequence of the right shoulder being operated on it has caused greater deterioration in my left shoulder, which will also need to be operated on, means that if I drive my insurance is invalid, if I work or do anything strenuous or 'big' movements in my shoulder it will hamper the recovery.
                                I have a job that pays me well, why on gods earth would I wish to drop down to £67.50 a week by CHOICE when I clear more than that in a day.
                                If it was physically possible for me to do my job I would.
                                I have just been told by the DWP, that even now 8 weeks POST op I shouldn't have failed, especially as I pointed out that should I claim Jobseekers as they recommend I would technically be breaking the law as I have a job, Just physically unable to do it.

As I said give me the choice between receiving £56.40 a month (ESA _after_ my lodgers money has been taken off) and between £2500 - £3000 a month working I know what I would take every day of the week, yes I know what I do is hard manual work, and yes I know that it probably is doing me no favours in the long run, but pain to a certain extent you can work through, it is the physical limitations associated with the surgery that means I cannot work at the moment.

Had the operations been 6 months apart I would have had 2 separate claims going in for ESA as I would have recovered from one and been back at work _before_ the second operation.
                                This is where I feel the whole system is a farce.

Comment

Working...
                                X