GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ATOS home visit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATOS home visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATOS Medical

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    If he misstates anything in the report, you should complain to the GMC.

Thank you CleverClogs.

So is he legit going by the above record of this GP?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      So is he legit going by the above record of this GP?
      Yes, he's apparently legit; he is still on the Medical Register and does not (yet) have any public conditions imposed upon him, such as were imposed on Sarah Myhill when she was last under investigation for professional misconduct. She seems to have been cleared, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Yes, he's apparently legit; he is still on the Medical Register and does not (yet) have any public conditions imposed upon him, such as were imposed on Sarah Myhill when she was last under investigation for professional misconduct. She seems to have been cleared, by the way.

Guessed as much LOL., I know there was a reason for his leaving though, and aware patients were complaining all the time about him, from what I know of anyway lol.

It's always the same, they all get out of it Hmm now that does not surprise me.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          It's always the same, they all get out of it Hmm now that does not surprise me.
          What was never quite resolved is whether Sarah Myhill supplies her own dung for her celebrated turd transplants - link - and, if she does, how much she charges per spoonful.

Comment

Nothing gets done Di until you complain to the GMC. A lot of GPs will strike a patient off their lists if you make formal complaint to the practice but they are all afraid (very) of the GMC as their procedure now requires two lay readers to examine the complaint and so it is not all "buddy buddies" at the lodge meeting.

It is worth having a look at the GMC complaints procedure as in the booklet the first page details what a patient MUST be able to expect from any registered doctor in the UK. ATOS employees are usually way out of line and we need to get afew struck off for gross professional misconduct. Then they will all start to toe the line.

I did not win my complaint against a very senior consulatnt and chairman of a BMA committee BUT one of the lay readers was very unhappy and the concerned was given a real nasty rap across the knuckles for his seniority, warned of his attitude to patients and the file was kept open for a further three years and if there was another complaint he would have gone down. Effectively he was humiliated and put unde supervision for three years and I lost.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Thank you for the info folks.

From what I am aware of the GP from ATOS who was sent to make the home visit to my Inlaw was his former GP from his surgery, and made all the official diagnosis, and from what my inlaw recalls it was him who mentioned some time ago, (when that GP was there then at the surgery) to put in a claim for DLA.

Comment

Hi

He said his DLA went in as normal on Tues just gone, don't know if this is too soon to predict anything though.

Comment

Re: ATOS home visit

I am raising this back up again for my in law.

If you can recall, he had to complete a renewal last year and had an ATOS doctor visit early this year, he did end up being awarded, and it was indefinate.

He contacted me the other day to say he was sent a renewal form to check if he is getting the right amount of money, he is once again very stressed out by this, as he didnt quite expect it to be again in the same year as he was awarded.

Anyway, the form is a DLA80 form.

His letter does not at all mention about the new PIP, but is worried no how he got a letter so soon with a form to complete.

Does anyone have any ideas of this one please?

Thank you.

Comment

These are a review form. From what I know, in most (i think?) cases, its just a simple fill in, return and there is no change.

Does seem a little strange that its been sent so soson, but they are usually sent to those on "permanent" DLA.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                      These are a review form. From what I know, in most (i think?) cases, its just a simple fill in, return and there is no change.

Does seem a little strange that its been sent so soson, but they are usually sent to those on "permanent" DLA.
                      Thank you Oscar.
                      I cant remember the exact date when he last seen the ATOS doc, but around Feb of this year rings the bell.
                      It does seem very soon, the form as checked and as you said it a review form, and it has 35 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post

Nothing strange about it anymore I am afraid, the disabled are being unfairly hounded right now and their are many who are winning appeals only to be sent new forms 6 weeks later for both ESA and DLA.

Comment

Cheers guys.

I have made him clear that it's just one of those things now.
                          As he also suffers from depression/stress, he been getting himself all wound up because of it again, I can remember the mess he was in the last time.
                          I tried to reassure him as much as possible though.

Comment

Working...
                          X