GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Late wife's commercial loan problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late wife's commercial loan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late wife's commercial loan problem

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
    So how did you come to an arrangement to pay them, that was acceptable to all parties,thanks for looking in.
    HI

The contract just continued as it had before, and I continued the contractual repayments on the loan.

The loan was secured on our business premises and we were just a simple partnership not a limited company.

GT

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
      Hi
      I was in a similar position with a Nat West business loan, my partner died and they tried to recall the debt. Even though i was still trading.

As Alangee says fortunately there was no facility within the agreement for them to terminate the agreement in this way so they were unable to enforce.

I still have no idea why they wanted to recall a debt that was being repayed and never had any missed payments.

GT
      Sorry to bother you,but you say they tried to recall the loan,how did you stop them recalling it,I have a Formal Demand and never a payment missed.thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
        Sorry to bother you,but you say they tried to recall the loan,how did you stop them recalling it,I have a Formal Demand and never a payment missed.thanks again.
        Hi
        we put it in the hands of a solicitor, but apparently they did not have the right to terminate the agreement. It was a few years ago now, but i think they sent a notice saying they wanted full repayment of the loan when they heard of my partners death, the solicitor pointed out that they had no contractual right to do so.

GT

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
          Hi
          we put it in the hands of a solicitor, but apparently they did not have the right to terminate the agreement. It was a few years ago now, but i think they sent a notice saying they wanted full repayment of the loan when they heard of my partners death, the solicitor pointed out that they had no contractual right to do so.

GT
          Thanks for that,and thanks for dropping in,this agreement is from 2007,and with the same bank,regards Streetwise.

Comment

Just a quick one for some thought,if this goes to court would the judge just say well you have the original agreement,or would he ask the bank what are you relying on to enforce this agreement.

Comment

And if the Royal Bank of Scotland,get's nationalized that mean's I owe the whole of Britian the money.

Comment

Streetwise, was the property jointly owned by you and your partner and did you sign the application and charge consent?

Comment

If your property was jointly owned by you and your partner, you would have had to sign both the application and the legal charge.

If you did not, then you may be able to have the charge removed. It would be wise to get a solicitor to do this.

If the above is the case, then the only charge would be on the 2 flats. Have these already been transferred to your name under the conditions of the will? If they have, then I would imagine that the loan has been transferred to you also. If not, it would be a bit strange to have you as an owner, with the charge on the flats against your late partner. I don't see how you would obtain probate, with a charge against the flats.

If you are not named as an applicant on the loan form, they will not be able to take you to court and obviously not your late wife.

The first para is important to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                    If your property was jointly owned by you and your partner, you would have had to sign both the application and the legal charge.

If you did not, then you may be able to have the charge removed. It would be wise to get a solicitor to do this.

If the above is the case, then the only charge would be on the 2 flats. Have these already been transferred to your name under the conditions of the will? If they have, then I would imagine that the loan has been transferred to you also. If not, it would be a bit strange to have you as an owner, with the charge on the flats against your late partner. I don't see how you would obtain probate, with a charge against the flats.

If you are not named as an applicant on the loan form, they will not be able to take you to court and obviously not your late wife.

The first para is important to answer.
                    Hi and thanks for looking in,the property had nothing to do with me it was in the name of my wife and her business partner.

Comment

Well look's like this is the start of it,business recoveries for the bank have sent a letter asking for the full sum to be repaid,they inform me that any held previous agreement has now lapsed,they are asking for us to remortgage which we can't, or sell the properties to pay them back,no mention of court yet,but they still have not responded to my letter to pay them back which i sent on the 9th of August recorded delivery,or the S.A.R,which was sent recorded delivery the same day,both letters signed for.Still making payments to the account,never been defaulted.Anybody got any ideas on how to fight this.

Comment

Working...
                      X