GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received formal demand letter from bank. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received formal demand letter from bank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received formal demand letter from bank.

Received a Formal demand letter from the bank,advising me that they are withdrawing there banking facilities to me on the 23rd of August and advising I get an account with another bank.

They want to no how I intend to pay back 272.000.00,that they lent my partner who has passed away nearly 2 years ago now.

As executor of her estate they provided me with a reconstituted loan agreement,that the signatures do not match up with the agreement I have on file.

I asked them to provide me with the original agreement,they sent me a letter saying that they do not have the original agreement,and that the agreement they sent me was a true certified copy of the original agreement,but with some typographical errors.

Just to add this loan has never been defaulted on,and is serviced by the rental of 2 properties that are let out.

I offered back in December 2011 to keep paying them the interest on the loan plus 10.000.00 pounds a year on top too pay this loan of over a period of 15 years,they never replied to me.

I was advised on another forum to go to the police,which I did ,they told me that a crime had been committed under the counterfeiting and forgery act, to do with the copy of the agreement that the bank gave me but they could not act as no loss had been suffered yet,and that I should take a civil action against the bank as I had a good case.

If this was to go before a judge and he could see that I have offered to pay this loan back and it has never been defaulted on in over 5 years,and they have given me a forged document,could anybody,anybody tell me what my chances are.

Thanks for any replies.
Working...
X