GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PDL Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDL Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PDL Diary

Reviving my old PDL thread.

After some great advice from Andrew i am now trying to get my damn head of this bleeding sand and sort things out, Depression is a wonderful thing, the brain says "go away" to everything that comes its way. I make no excuse at all, whatsoever for my lack of dealing with things, how did i get in this mess, I'm 40yo with a good job! Bloody ridiculous! Anyway, enough of beating myself up, doesn't help really...

Biggest problem is i am good at hitting delete! So i have no info, no records of some of my PDLs whatsoever, stupid dumb ass i am....

So current state of play with PDLs (one has been settled by my bank but thats another story!) Most now with 3rd party DCAs:

- 1st Stop Payday = Currently in a claim as per my claim thread, Andrew assisting as we try and settle before Nov 28th court date

- Wonga = unknown, haven't heard from them in 6mths! Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

- Onesys Finance = Formally my PayDayUK PDL. Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

- Mackenzie Hall = Formally my Quickquid PDL. Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

- Motormile = Formally my WagedayAdvance PDL. Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

Not sure to be honest whether writing to them saying "hey no idea what i owe you etc, but let me know eh" is a great approach especially when the likes of Wonga have been silent for over six months! But Andrew is very right, i need to sort these out one way or another else i be looking over my shoulder for years to come.. So as i have little info on most of these PDLS it seemed the best approach to at least seeing where i am at with what i owe etc..

Thoughts?
    ------------------------------
    WINJAS
    Pyrotechnical Guru
    (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Re: PDL Diary

Originally posted by winjas View Post
      Reviving my old PDL thread.

After some great advice from Andrew i am now trying to get my damn head of this bleeding sand and sort things out, Depression is a wonderful thing, the brain says "go away" to everything that comes its way. I make no excuse at all, whatsoever for my lack of dealing with things, how did i get in this mess, I'm 40yo with a good job! Bloody ridiculous! Anyway, enough of beating myself up, doesn't help really...

Biggest problem is i am good at hitting delete! So i have no info, no records of some of my PDLs whatsoever, stupid dumb ass i am....

So current state of play with PDLs (one has been settled by my bank but thats another story!) Most now with 3rd party DCAs:

- 1st Stop Payday = Currently in a claim as per my claim thread, Andrew assisting as we try and settle before Nov 28th court date

- Wonga = unknown, haven't heard from them in 6mths! Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

- Onesys Finance = Formally my PayDayUK PDL. Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

- Mackenzie Hall = Formally my Quickquid PDL. Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

- Motormile = Formally my WagedayAdvance PDL. Today sent letter asking for details and asking to arrange a payment plan

Not sure to be honest whether writing to them saying "hey no idea what i owe you etc, but let me know eh" is a great approach especially when the likes of Wonga have been silent for over six months! But Andrew is very right, i need to sort these out one way or another else i be looking over my shoulder for years to come.. So as i have little info on most of these PDLS it seemed the best approach to at least seeing where i am at with what i owe etc..

Thoughts?
      Hi Winjas

First question is - what do you want to get from this? You looking for them to maybe remove interest/charges (especially if can be shown they are unfairly applied), and then make a payment arrangement?

My view is that if you make a payment proposal, and demonstrate this is the most you can afford, you are on solid ground if (read most likely when) they refuse to accept it.

It places them right on the back foot as anything they subsequently do will be in breach of OFT guidelines so IF things ever got to court you would have a much stronger argument, and even grounds for counterclaim. They certainly would be more likely to be liable for costs if you can demonstrate that you have tried everything possible to avoid court action, and they have breach pre-action protocols (which they invariably will as per your current claim).

Its not a bad start - lets see the response you get.
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X