GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PDL Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDL Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PDL Diary

Well hope somebody sees this post, didn't seem right to start a new topic..

So two of my PDLs have gone to DCA now, i now have the DCAs Motormile and Onecollect sending my idle threatening emails (they no longer have a correct number for me thankfully).

Both DCAs are threatening doorstep visits and attachment of earnings, bailiffs etc. dont worry i am not worried, i know its idle scare-mongering.

I have sent the "doorstep visit" template to them both, assume that was a good move?

So my question now, is i seen many posts by Niddy and others about PDLs, suggesting ignore the PDL company and wait for it to be sold to a DCA, so know i am dealing with two DCAs whats the best approach? Is there were i learn about unenforceability etc?

On a side note Barclays still Fuc*****g up and STILL paying out on CPAs on an old account but i say more on my old Barclays topic.

So advice on these two DCAs please ?
    ------------------------------
    WINJAS
    Pyrotechnical Guru
    (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

No you're best to play silly buggers with dca so no cca necessary.

Usually I say to write and say you live in a car and have no funds. They usually go away but see what SnV says cos his approach also works. PM him if necessary and point him here - he's pretty hot at dealing with PDL's...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Just make sure you're clear what the reference to Arkell v Pressdram means - you may not actually want to quote this though it would be fun if you did
        My silly son took out PDL and could not repay, they phoned here over 100 times even though I told them the person they wanted did not live here nor could I give them another phone number, they kept on phoning in the end I told them to fuck off as I was fed up being nice, they phoned again and I asked them if they were recording the call as I was, Itold them again he did not live here and I was now quoting Arkell v Pressdram she said whats that I said FUCK OFF. Have not phoned since. It was CRS an urgent call for ????.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          That is unreasonable and harassment in anyones book. What you need to do is to answer the phone, refuse to answer security questions, state that you do not discuss personal matters on the phone, and ask them not to call again.
          Or look here (link) for inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by winjas View Post
            I have sent the "doorstep visit" template to them both, assume that was a good move?
            Why?

Does your car - in which you are now supposedly domiciled - even have a doorstep?

Comment

Motormouth are a pain. They may well write back to you that the doorstep rules don't apply to them. That can be dealt with then.
              Give SnV a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                Motormouth are a pain. They may well write back to you that the doorstep rules don't apply to them. That can be dealt with then.
                By squirting water through one's letterbox over the front of their trousers?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Why?

Does your car - in which you are now supposedly domiciled - even have a doorstep?
                  I see where you get your forum name from fair point sir
                  WINJAS
                  Pyrotechnical Guru
                  (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Out of interest, i have no idea who "one collect" are and haven't had any contact from anyone saying they represent anybody or that a debt has been sold? Should i not have had one?

The motormile debt i did get an email saying PDL sold to motor mile though
                    WINJAS
                    Pyrotechnical Guru
                    (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Well hope somebody sees this post, didn't seem right to start a new topic..

So two of my PDLs have gone to DCA now, i now have the DCAs Motormile and Onecollect sending my idle threatening emails (they no longer have a correct number for me thankfully).

Both DCAs are threatening doorstep visits and attachment of earnings, bailiffs etc. dont worry i am not worried, i know its idle scare-mongering.

So my question now, is i seen many posts by Niddy and others about PDLs, suggesting ignore the PDL company and wait for it to be sold to a DCA, so know i am dealing with two DCAs whats the best approach? Is there were i learn about unenforceability etc?

On a side note Barclays still Fuc*****g up and STILL paying out on CPAs on an old account but i say more on my old Barclays topic.

So advice on these two DCAs please ?
                      Hi Winjas

Which of the PDL accounts that you had have been handed to the DCA's?

Next question is what do you want to do, or what can you do in terms of offering to pay them back (if at all)?

What offers have been made to them and when?

It would be good to have a timeline of each account with a DCA and what has been sent/received just like the UE diaries.

So something like:

1/2/2013 - Sent offer letter
                      1/2/2013 - Received email refusing offer
                      1/2/2013 09:00 - Received phone call
                      1/2/2013 09:11 - Received phone call etc.......

Basically chances are their conduct will more than likely give us enough rope to let them hang themselves but you need to record all events up to this point before we can do that.

Regards Barclays - have you sent them a notice in writing to cease the CPA's?

Best
                      SnV
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I see where you get your forum name from
                        It was chosen with care.

Comment

Out of interest, i have no idea who "one collect" are and haven't had any contact from anyone saying they represent anybody or that a debt has been sold? Should i not have had one?
                          Yes.

The motormile debt i did get an email saying PDL sold to motor mile though
                          I am not sure that section 136 (link) of the Law of Property Act 1925 permits the notice to be other than in writing.

Nor do I know of any law which states that where a statute refers to "writing", any permanent or semi-permanent form of electronic media - such as an email or an image file - may be substituted.

Comment

S+V

Thanks, i think if i am honest a lot of my problems have been NOT keeping records etc, guilty..
                            Ie: i tend to delete emails and try and forgot about stuff, i know was silly, i have stopped now, but records of everything thats happened as you say is patchy tbh.

I am even in a lost state right now as to which PDLs are still chasing and which are paid (bear in mind that idiot Barclays have paid off two PDLs i think, hence the Barclays nonsense!).

Motormile is my old WagedayAdvance PDL, WDA sent me an email saying they had sold debt to MM, any thoughts on email as a notice of assignment?

The DCA "OneCollect" i have no idea about! They send me daily emails threatening the sun is about to implode but haven't once stated who the represent or what PDL etc its about? Hence i was asking about assingment notices etc.

I snowed under with work next couple days, but i will try and find a couple of hours to get everything together and work out as much detail as i can.

The Barclays business, yes i wrote recorded mail in November stating to cancel all CPAs, everything even direct debits etc and not allow ANY payments out of accounts (x2). Then i had the original complaint as per other thread which they acknowledged cancellations. But still this week paid out £200+ to Payday Express!
                            WINJAS
                            Pyrotechnical Guru
                            (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Oh, and i haven't offered them diddlly squat yet tbh. would more hope they drop off a cliff and die like the bottom feeding scum they are... But i did borrow there money so no problem paying back what i borrowed etc but not the crap they expect on top i hope..
                              WINJAS
                              Pyrotechnical Guru
                              (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Hi Winjas

I appreciate your record keeping may not be great - no worries we can still work something here.

While you are getting emails - ignore. There is nothing to say the email address that is being used is valid anymore. If you really want to wind them up set up an autoreply for these companies with something like you have left the country to start a new life Llama farming in Paraguay.

What would be interesting to know is whether you have received a default notice IN THE POST? I doubt if you have but its an important point.

TBH if motormile finance are involved they are bottom feeders and their past conduct would indicate scant regard for OFT guidelines.

Make sure you keep all correspondence from them now as they're sure to slip up and give you the ammo you need.

Best
                                SnV
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X