GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PDL Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDL Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PDL Diary

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    I am not sure that section 136 (link) of the Law of Property Act 1925 permits the notice to be other than in writing.

Nor do I know of any law which states that where a statute refers to "writing", any permanent or semi-permanent form of electronic media - such as an email or an image file - may be substituted.
    Like a Default Notice for example
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Hi Winjas

I appreciate your record keeping may not be great - no worries we can still work something here.

While you are getting emails - ignore. There is nothing to say the email address that is being used is valid anymore. If you really want to wind them up set up an autoreply for these companies with something like you have left the country to start a new life Llama farming in Paraguay.

What would be interesting to know is whether you have received a default notice IN THE POST? I doubt if you have but its an important point.

TBH if motormile finance are involved they are bottom feeders and their past conduct would indicate scant regard for OFT guidelines.

Make sure you keep all correspondence from them now as they're sure to slip up and give you the ammo you need.

Best
      SnV
      .....or Olive Growing in Portugal.
      MM are so full of shit they'll burst one day. I have asked them to send me some cash so that I can buy their ticket to get to my doorstep, but they don't seem to want to come here.....
      Just keep not paying and muddy the waters as much as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        If you really want to wind them up set up an autoreply for these companies with something like you have left the country to start a new life Llama farming in Paraguay.

Comment

Loving the llama farming idea...... hehe
          ------------------------------
          WINJAS
          Pyrotechnical Guru
          (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Whats the score on receiving a Default Notice - did you ever receive a DN in the post?
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry no, in fact never had any letter in post from any PDLs or DCAs in past 4-5mths at all.
              Just emails a plenty mate
              WINJAS
              Pyrotechnical Guru
              (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Originally posted by winjas View Post
                Sorry no, in fact never had any letter in post from any PDLs or DCAs in past 4-5mths at all.
                Just emails a plenty mate
                Ok then they aren't helping themselves

Wait until Motor'mouth' finance actually bother to write to you and stop responding to emails - you will only encourage the parasites.

I would set up an autoreply for them - make it look like the email address doesn't exist anymore something like:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Original Message Sent: 7/11/2001 9:20 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: winjas@all-about-debt.co.uk on 7/11/2001 9:20 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <server.nwtraders.com #5.1.1>

Comment

ooh now i like that even more than llama farming!

I will follow your advice and do that on all emails now then S+V, see where we end up!

Thanks for your help
                  WINJAS
                  Pyrotechnical Guru
                  (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

On a side note referring to whole topic of my diary... Have finally had a posted letter from Motormouth which essentially says that they received my doorstep template but it doesnt apply in this case and will be sending an agent anyway! ?

I can post it if helps?
                    WINJAS
                    Pyrotechnical Guru
                    (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Originally posted by winjas View Post
                      On a side note referring to whole topic of my diary... Have finally had a posted letter from Motormouth which essentially says that they received my doorstep template but it doesnt apply in this case and will be sending an agent anyway! ?

I can post it if helps?
                      Originally posted by Undercover Elsa
                      Yes please, post it up Winjas (minus personal details, ref numbers and barcodes)
                      lol they think they can ignore it, but so what - if the goon does come just laugh at him/her - they have no rights.

I would take the piss and ask if they need to borrow a chisel and hammer to remove the doorstep.....

But I wouldn't worry about this
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i have a simple approach to idiots who knock my door, salesmen, jehovahs, debt collectors, all get the same...

Right, see that gate ?

Thats right, the one you came in through, well what you can do now, is fuck off back through it , dickhead.
                        It generally does the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                          i have a simple approach to idiots who knock my door, salesmen, jehovahs, debt collectors, all get the same...
                          hahahah
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Posts regarding claim form moved here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=10168
                            Last edited by Riz; 31 May 2013, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              lol they think they can ignore it, but so what - if the goon does come just laugh at him/her - they have no rights.

I would take the piss and ask if they need to borrow a chisel and hammer to remove the doorstep.....

But I wouldn't worry about this
                              Would love to Niddy, but sadly i flat-share (not much longer) so could do without debt collectors making me look bad to the others.. But hopefully i be moving within the month!
                              WINJAS
                              Pyrotechnical Guru
                              (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Right seems Quickquid has been sold to Mackenzie Hall.
                                WINJAS
                                Pyrotechnical Guru
                                (yup blowing shit up)

Comment

Working...
                                X