Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accident

I would have asked a garage to check there is no other damage to the vehicle before cancelling the claim to be honest.
    Does the door still open OK?
    Do the windscreen washers still work? (some vehicles have the bottle underneath the wheel arch liner)
    Are you and any passengers OK?
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers Vossy, it's a Rover 25 and yes panels are a bolt on jobbie.

Missy, door opens fine, washers fine, no passengers or injuries.

Car drives fine so just happy to get it over with to be honest, better to cancel the claim than have no car, not ideal but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
        Cheers Vossy, it's a Rover 25 and yes panels are a bolt on jobbie.

Missy, door opens fine, washers fine, no passengers or injuries.

Car drives fine so just happy to get it over with to be honest, better to cancel the claim than have no car, not ideal but there you go.
        pleased to hear you still have your wheels!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Here's the result of my 1st rudementary efforts with the dent today. I couldn't get behind the panel as one of the screws holding the guard behind the arch has got a knackered head, so have been pulling rather than pushing.

Although it doesn't look pretty, it's come out pretty much level at the arch at the arch to where it was previously, albeit there's still a dent above. Hopefully this will be OK for an MOT now, then I can think about a new panel when I've got some cash.

What do you think re MOT ?

Attached Files

Comment

that should be fine for MOT
            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

seen worse go thru MOT aslong as the panel is not loose/near to wheel operation you should be o.k.

Comment

That's absolutely fine for testing, just keep your eyes open for another panel if you need to.

Comment

Just to let you know that the car passed the MOT today .

Out of interest I was telling the man in the garage about how the dent occured and that I'd stopped the claim, and he said I should have gone ahead as they'd have paid me off, to write off the car and let me keep it most likely. I said that surely I wouldn't have been able to use it, but he said it would have been a CAT C most likey which means you can carry on, he's done it 3 times apparently with the same car.

Damn and blast, but never mind it's got another year now so well happy.

Comment

Happened to me but insurance company would not let me keep the car.

Said if I did they would reduce the payment substantially.

Last I saw it was on one of these spares or repairs websites.

Presume someone with better knowledge of the car trade than me will have taken it replaced the damaged bodywork and sold it at a vast profit to some poor consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                      Just to let you know that the car passed the MOT today .
                      Good news FUWTW
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                      X