X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accident

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
    Your NCB is only bothered when you go through with the claim1

You will be fine.. Can you take a photo of the damage my husband works for a garage he will given you indication if it will fail

as long as its a dent and not sharp edges you *should* be fine!

Thanks I've got a pic on my phone, I'll get it uploaded later and post it up, thanks
    Last edited by lookingforward; 7 October 2012, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      No they won't fail for a dent as long as there are no sharp edges etc,(ex MOT tester) your NCD should not be affected as long as the company does not contest your story and tries to claim from your insurance company alleging it was your fault, ring the insurance company and ask if they have had a claim come from the company or their insurers, if not then just drop the claim yourself even though the insurance company are aware just in case.

I'll ring them in the morning thanks.
      As I said the driver said there was no damage so hopefully they are just contesting the fact that their driver was at fault so they don't have to pay out for my repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
        If I can do that then I will. Don't think it's worth going down the write off route as any money I'd get would be lost amongst the hassle and increased premiums.

Am I correct that if I cancel the claim my NCB and next years premium will be unaffected, the NCB I would think will be OK but is it too late re the premiums because they've got it on record ?

Just got to hope that the lorry drivers company haven't seen this as a good excuse to claim for the scuffs that were already there according to the driver. If they've got a claim in then I can't drop it because I'd have to fork out for them myself.
        It won't affect your premiums if you and the other driver don't claim.

It is a no claim bonus, not no blame bonus.

Comment

Theoretically you should always tell the insurance company of any accident no matter if you claim or not.

On the actually accident , in my experience they would look at it as a 50/50 type claim, with the potential of saying it's your fault , sorry.

If you do make a claim and you didn't have protected no claims and it goes against you, with alot insurers you will drop back to 3 years no claims ( in reality most insurance companies only count up to 5 years)

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            Theoretically you should always tell the insurance company of any accident no matter if you claim or not.

On the actually accident , in my experience they would look at it as a 50/50 type claim, with the potential of saying it's your fault , sorry.

If you do make a claim and you didn't have protected no claims and it goes against you, with alot insurers you will drop back to 3 years no claims ( in reality most insurance companies only count up to 5 years)

I think mine would drop from 9 years to 3 because they look at 6 as the upper limit and take off 3 years.

Re the accident itself... hmmm he was not moving and had his hazards on as I approached and it's not as if I zoomed past him at 30/40 mph to try and beat him to the junction because I knew he was turning out and didn't want to be stuck behind him.

Having said that I can also see it from his point of view as I explained in an earlier post so maybe this is one to be truely called an accident

Comment

Heres a pic of the dent (the red bits are reflections)

Attached Files

Comment

If you can pull that out so that the wing is virtually in its original position it will be okay for the MOT. Easy to do and it should pop out quite neatly.
                Last edited by vossy; 7 October 2012, 18:30.

Comment

Yup won't fail an MOT and I think that will pull out!

Comment

Thanks to you both.

I'll need to remove the splash guard from the wheel arch inner then I can get behind to apply some pressure and as you say hopefully it will pop back into place.

Would it fail an MOT as it is ?

Comment

Thanks to you both.

I'll need to remove the splash guard from the wheel arch inner then I can get behind to apply some pressure and as you say hopefully it will pop back into place.

Would it fail an MOT as it is ?
                      Yes, the wing is too far in to act as an effective guard, looks an easy fix anyway

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                        Yes, the wing is too far in to act as an effective guard, looks an easy fix anyway
                        Thanks Vossy,

Is it a case of just pushing from behind to pop it back out ?

Comment

Kinda do yyou have a local body shop? They could see it up close and what's bent

Comment

Have a look on Ebay for a 2nd hand panel.

I had to replace in Feb the same panel (but passengers side) and front bumper and it cost me £50 plus about an hour of time to do so.

But i did have the Haynes manual too.

So there are other options.
                            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions.

What a palaver to cancel the claim, but done now.

Also spoke to the trans manager at the lorry company to confirm they will drop the matter once they receive confirmation mine is dropped.

Will check ebay and scrappy for replacement panel which blts on if I can't get the dent out myself. Body shop will be too expensive I think, and there's panels cheap on ebay atm albeit the wrong colour.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions.

What a palaver to cancel the claim, but done now.

Also spoke to the trans manager at the lorry company to confirm they will drop the matter once they receive confirmation mine is dropped.

Will check ebay and scrappy for replacement panel which blts on if I can't get the dent out myself. Body shop will be too expensive I think, and there's panels cheap on ebay atm albeit the wrong colour.
                                You should be able to just push the panel out yourself, you wont get it straight but it will be better than it was, is that a Vectra? Front wings for those are merely bolt on, if you can find a panel it is not rocket science to change it, same colour might pop up as well.

Glad you sorted the insurance -

Comment

Working...
                                X