GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GM Card PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM Card PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GM Card PPI

Photocopies of 2 different utility bills and/or bank statements from within the past 3 months would suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      Photocopies of 2 different utility bills and/or bank statements from within the past 3 months would suffice.
      They would indeed, but why send something that is not necessary? There is nothing that says you need to prove your identity, if they insist then you report them for sending personal data without knowing (or ensuring) you were at the address they wrote to - its a catch 22 for the DCA - i.e. they always lose; cos we do not have to provide ID and being obstinate is better than giving in to outrageous demand for data that is not necessary nor lawfully required in order for satisfaction of the original query (SAR Request)
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        They would indeed, but why send something that is not necessary? There is nothing that says you need to prove your identity, if they insist then you report them for sending personal data without knowing (or ensuring) you were at the address they wrote to - its a catch 22 for the DCA - i.e. they always lose; cos we do not have to provide ID and being obstinate is better than giving in to outrageous demand for data that is not necessary nor lawfully required in order for satisfaction of the original query (SAR Request)
        My comment related to a change of data controller. Of course, the account holder should be advised under the DPA, if any such change has taken place by the original data controller.

Catch 22 indeed for any DCA chasing Lemons.

In any event, I would never provide my passport or, driving licence; too much information.

Comment

The problem is that I have only recently moved in and haven't had a statement here from them yet. You know how it is, shiny new house ... time to sort out the finances . Hmm, I'm pretty sure my statement is overdue though. I wonder if they're stalling (straightens tinfoil hat).

I don't get what's wrong with sending a copy of my passport (I mean, if they copy that then it's pretty easy to prove fraud).
          I'd propose signing my name differently - or maybe misspelling it. I've also considered just printing my name, after all, I'm pretty sure they don't have a copy to compare it to

P.S. I haven't sent any response yet, and won't until I'm sure about what to do.
          Last edited by sn_dn; 30 June 2011, 22:34.

Comment

UKPA Holders signature plus a mass of other information... [Emphasis Added]

Comment

You really don't want to be sending the above - if you do this you can forget winning anything as not only will they have your latest signature they'll be able to paste it onto things!

You're going for a PPI refund, right now sending a signature is like way daft! I really hope you have not done what you said in your last post and sent off a copy of your passport! You need to read our templates and respond with this - ie a proven source that works!

Signature Request by Creditor/DCA If that doesn't work, you then follow up with this one: Signature Request - Formal Response
              I had the verysame problems in obtaining my SAR infor from HSBC.
              GM are owned by them.
              In the end I emailed the CEO as it had gone on for months,delay tactic after delay tactic attaching a copy of a letter that I had sent to ICO.
              The response was amazing - people from different departments ringing me at work apologising for the delay etc etc.
              I even got the £10 SAR fee refunded and further compensation for my troubles.
              The SAR info was delivered to my local branch a couple of weeks later 2 boxes full to the brim!(Must have cost more than a tenner to put that lot together....lol.
              Had to sign for it though.....dodgy siggy

Its worth a go.

managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com

Matty

Comment

Working...
              X