GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script R.I.P. Sir Patrick Moore - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Sir Patrick Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Sir Patrick Moore

Sir Patrick Moore - 89 Yrs

The astronomer and broadcaster passes away peacefully at home in Sussex after failing to fight an infection.

Sir Patrick Moore, 89, Dies At Home
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: R.I.P. Sir Patrick Moore

Aww bless him, he was a star! xxx

Comment

Sorry to read of his passing, he had a very unique way of giving ordinary people a better understanding of the universe.

RIP

Comment

Ahhhhh thats sad

Comment

RIP sad loss indeed

Comment

R.I.P.

I used to love watching The Sky at Night.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

he will be missed and he lived his life doing what he loved, if only we could all say that

Comment

When you see the world as he did and the fact we are a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot in an infinite universe it makes you think why the banks are allowed to make so many people so miserable.

We are here for a blink of an eye then we are gone. Surely a life well lived and happy is something everyone deserves not just the privledged few.

Voyager 1's last photo was looking back at earth. It could hardly see us.
                Last edited by ken100464; 9 December 2012, 20:29.

Comment

He did so much to bring astronomy to everyone. He was slightly mad in a normal sort of way!

Comment

Amazing guy! Will be missed by all.

Now a star in heaven above.
                    RIP XXXX

Comment

He was ace on gamesmaster, RIP.
                      You got to fight for your right to PARRRTIEEEE!!!

Comment

He was odd in his own way but so very clever and a talented musician

God rest old man!

Comment

Must be getting old, all the people from my childhood are going one by one.

Walked past him when we were on holiday in Selsey where he lived back in the 70's, he dressed exactly the same as he did on TV.

I've always had an interest in astronomy and he via the sky at night he made the subject accessible to everyone.

RIP Patrick, you're up amongst those stars now my friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X