GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script So what do you do?! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what do you do?!

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    We were there for OH's youngest sibling's wedding. He still lives amongst the ganja on the Tremorfa estate off Splott Road. They even board the pubs up there and have only half doors which open.
    Might one say it is a bad Splott on the landscape?

We turned left at said Vulcan pub and we were looking into a black hole, there was one 60watt light bulb glowing faintly in the far distance which turned out to be the entrance to the club. Missus won't go now if she can help it, hates the place and I have to say Cardiff is probably one of the most uncomfortable places I have been in the world and I have been round it a couple of times. Sorry to those that love it but I dislike the place.
    Until I had read of the place, I believed that Russell Davis had exaggerated his tales in Torchwood of feral humanoids (called weevils) infesting the city; I now know that, if anything, he had toned down reality.

Comment

Well I'm on the road again and back in the same hotel where this thread all started!

So I had to have a bit of a joke with the receptionist and asked not to be placed in the same room again because of the noisy activities of the guests above me.

Her response.............

Oh no sir, I do apologise, and I do understand, you see, thats the bridal suite!!!!!!!

Ooops! Hope they enjoyed the notice posted on their door!
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Ooops! Hope they enjoyed the notice posted on their door!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          I liked this one!!!

In fact so much, as I was up early in the morning (waaay before breakfast was served) I stuck a similar note to the door of the 'offending' room.

SORRY IF OUR WILD SEX SESSION KEPT YOU AWAKE LAST NIGHT.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KNOCK ON THE DOOR AFTER 7AM AS WE NEED TO BE WOKEN UP BUT MAY BE TOO TIRED.

THANKS
          Wasn't me!
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Got a cracker about Wales today. Travelling down the coast from home to Llandudno, Big Sign in Colwyn Bay and arrow, to the "TREE OF LIGHTS" Its no longer PC to say Christmas tree in North Wales. Undoubtedly an edict from the nerds down in Cardiff at astronomical cost and another demonstration why Wales should never be allowed to govern itself.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Garlok,

The country has gone stark raving bonkers m8 no wonder it is in the mess it is.

Comment

This story reminds me of the young couple that turned up without a reservation at a little country hotel.

By the look in their eyes and the give away traces of confetti on their clothes it was apparent to the receptionist that they had only just got married that day.

They asked for a double room, The receptionist asked the young man
                "would Sir Like the Bridal" No I will be OK said the chap, "I will just tuck my toes in the straps of her suspenders and that should do".

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                  Its no longer PC to say Christmas tree in North Wales. Undoubtedly an edict from the nerds down in Cardiff at astronomical cost and another demonstration why Wales should never be allowed to govern itself.
                  regards
                  Garlok
                  Do I hate the Term Political Correctness with a vengeance,
                  What ever happened to good old Politeness, Common Sense, A Sense of Humour and a belief in Live and Let Live or when in Rome do as the Romans.

Why Can't I open a door for a Woman?, call a Refuse sack a Black Bag because that is what it is? Or why can't I celebrate my traditions in my own country without fear of being criticised for my beliefs. If I were living in a foreign country I would have to respect the beliefs and traditions of my hosts. If there was something that they did that offended me then the choice to put up or shut up would be mine if I wanted to remain there.

In many ways we are the most liberal country in the world, we are certainly more forgiving than most.

So why do we have to employ the Council Thought Police to tell us how to behave and what to think

I bet behind closed doors some of them are the most Bigoted, Perverted and closed minded individuals going.

See my Signature "The Union of Different Kinds" It takes all sorts to make a world.

I think I know how to behave? I don't want any failed intellectual telling me what I should do or not do. Besides they get paid too much.

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Garlok,

The country has gone stark raving bonkers m8 no wonder it is in the mess it is.
                  The Lunatics have taken over the Asylum.

It happened years ago, unfortunately those of us who speak out about it mainly go unheard.

Regards all, Handy
                  Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                  Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
                  X