GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script : Aspirin a day could dramatically cut cancer risk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

: Aspirin a day could dramatically cut cancer risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• : Aspirin a day could dramatically cut cancer risk

An aspirin a day could dramatically cut people's chances of getting and dying from common cancers, according to the most detailed review yet of the cheap drug's ability to stem disease.

I know this is an old story but I never knew about this ............

More ---> https://www.theguardian.com/science/...dy-yet?0p19G=c
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: : Aspirin a day could dramatically cut cancer risk

Aspirin can also be dangerous, the gastric irritation it causes can have serious consequences. A close relative died of a perforated stomach ulcer caused by Aspirin.

Comment

It depends on the strength of the aspirin; I know several medical professionals who have taken the 75mg for many years with no gastric side affects
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        It depends on the strength of the aspirin; I know several medical professionals who have taken the 75mg for many years with no gastric side affects
        Yes I've been told the same anything under 75mg ..or baby aspirin

Comment

You can also get medication to protect against gastric irritation.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Many of us use Asprin every day as supplied by the Medical Profession (Consultants) and have for years, 75mg , after Angioplasty etc. there will always be some people who have a allergy etc to most foods/medicines - I cannot have grapefruit due to taking Ramaphil etc

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              Many of us use Asprin every day as supplied by the Medical Profession (Consultants) and have for years, 75mg , after Angioplasty etc. there will always be some people who have a allergy etc to most foods/medicines - I cannot have grapefruit due to taking Ramaphil etc
              This relative claimed to be allergic to Paracetamol and didn't want to take any painkiller other than Aspirin.

An allergic reaction is something that you see coming up very quickly, an ulcer on the other hand, develops slowly and it can take years before it gets perforated. All the opposite from an allergy. The symptoms can be confused with common things like indigestion, heartburn, etc.

Comment

The 75mg dose you can buy is gastro resistant

Comment

Working...
                X