GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fraud on account- Desperate for advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fraud on account- Desperate for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud on account- Desperate for advice

Hello everyone,
    I'm a new member here and decided to open an account after seeing all of the helpful advice and support that you have been able to give to people with issues that I believe to be similar to myself. I'm in my 20s and have never encountered anything of this nature before, so I am really desperate for some advice on my situation if possible.
    I would like to start by saying that I am absolutely aware of how foolish and naive I have been to be tricked into this scam, and I know that this entire problem is the result of my naivety. I am just looking for any possible advice on how to proceed now that this has happened.

So, basically a large influencer (over 1.5 million Youtube subscribers) posted on Snapchat that he wanted to help make his followers some money during this tough time that we're all going through currently. I added the page that he recommended, and was told to create a Dozens (an e-money institution that I had never heard of). I created the account and was then told to send over my login details so that he could check if my account was eligible. So foolishly I did. This was a few weeks ago, and as I've been busy with work and suffering badly due to my anxiety disorder due to the current situation in the world, I didn't research into how dangerous giving details like these away can be, I just thought that since somebody famous had advertised it, it would be safe.
    I then received an email from Dozens to say that my account had been suspended, so I logged into the account and noticed that there had been multiple transactions to different accounts that I had never heard of. Dozens has a feature which allows you to see where these transactions were sent, and it showed me that they were all sent from London, which proves they were not me because I live in the North of England. I'm worried that these transactions may lead to me receiving a CIFAS marker because if Dozens decide to close my account due to this, I suspect I will receive one based upon what I have now read online.

I am looking for advice on how to proceed now that my account has been suspended, the email said that these suspensions can last for around 2 weeks before I hear anything about why they decided to suspend me account, but I suspect that the transactions that this guy did on my account are fraudulent.

Should I file a report with Action Fraud to try and get ahead of this early? Or wait for Dozens to follow up their suspension email?

I absolutely did not make these transactions, and I never received any payment or touched/spent any money myself.

I know I was stupid to give away my details, but I'm just looking for advice on how to best proceed from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Ben

Personally I would register action fraud then await peeps responses on here?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response. I'll register with Action Fraud now

Comment

Hi

If you email me directly I'll try help you sort this.

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X