GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA Advice PRA Wescott/Link and NCO - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA Advice PRA Wescott/Link and NCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they may be legible, but are they correct, send them to Niddy to check them out, pointing out that the date is wrong, could be something and nothing
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonmonkey View Post

i have just had the link letter you received in January saying that Barclaycard haven't located the docs withing the 12 days and UE etc. So two months later you get the CCA - annoying and makes me think i shouldn't rest on my laurels. Good luck and I hope its UE.
      Have you a diary entry for this Barclaycard?
      Now that Link have sent the CCA you should send a SRA request to Barclaycard.
      There are many reasons for UE so the background to this Barclaycard Debt is important. Does the name Mercer appear in any documentation?
      Link may also have assignment issues.
      But as I say need to have the Diary entry to hand.

Comment

Thought I ought to update my thread as well as the diary entry. I sent the Link paperwork to Niddy an he tells me its a reconstituted copy that is UE, I'm amazed as it had me fooled and as with every stage of this I was about to start making payments again so that goes to show how much I don't know about this sort of thing. It's hard not to cave at any point but the support here is fantastic for stopping that!

Comment

just goes to show, that we can all be fooled sometime.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Recieved a notice of sums in arrears from Link, which Niddy told me to ignore. If I remember from previous readings that they will send this every six months to 'remind' me, is that right? Are they likely to possibly leave me alone otherwise, I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Comment

Usually once a year is the requirements

Comment

they have 2 of our accounts, hardly hear from them now.

Comment

Thank you both, this sounds hopefull I hope. What's interesting is that with the current climate my income has dropped by more than half as I am self employed so I wouldnt have been able to even meet my stepchange payments at the moment so I think I may have done the the right thing CCA'ing these debts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifeback View Post
                    Thank you both, this sounds hopefull I hope. What's interesting is that with the current climate my income has dropped by more than half as I am self employed so I wouldnt have been able to even meet my stepchange payments at the moment so I think I may have done the the right thing CCA'ing these debts.
                    My business was destroyed by the Banking crisis.
                    Now these DCA's are NOT a Charity! StepChange partners are shall I say incestuous with OC's and DCA's! Reminds of Jackals and rich pickings over carcases.
                    The Law recognises priority Debts and stale old debts (sold for pennies in the pound) are never Essential Debts.
                    Did the OC offer you or I a pennies in the pound settlement?
                    Consider this that with the Pandemic there will be very likely globally there will be a glut of yet more stale Debts for the DCA's to gobble UP!
                    AAD helps you and I to take back control of Our Lives and Priorities that is Essentials first.
                    These DCA's see uncreditworthy Debtors with trashed Credit Scores as GOOD SOUND BUSINESS!!
                    Welcome to AAD and the wonderful MODS who have helped me and others by Good Advice in reaching that Statute Bar goal!
                    Last edited by Roger; 18 April 2020, 13:19. Reason: typos

Comment

Thank you for your reply Roger, this journey has been a very long one as I also went down in the financial crisis, in fact this is essentially where my debt began through self financing in order to keep swimming....
                      I think my biggest problem is conscience, its quite scary to get into unmanageable debt and such a relief when somebody like Stepchange come in and stop the letters and calls etc. Then after it all settles down the monthly payment becomes just another bill, you get used to denying yourself nice things and luxuries and learn to live a kind of under-life, sucking up the embarrassment of not being able to afford social occasions, birthday presents etc. Then a year ago I went on a thinking dog walk where I tried really hard to imagine life without debt and I honestly couldn’t imagine it, THAT was a moment I can tell you! I spent a couple of months afterwards trying to accept that in my 50’s I wouldn’t ever get back to where I was financially in my 30’s and I just had to accepted it. But my brain wouldn’t let me do that and so after months of research here I am with AAD and I can’t tell you how incredibly grateful I am for the help and advice I have had so far here, it’s only been a short while but its actually changed my life and I’m finally holding my head up high again after so many years!

Comment

Originally posted by Lifeback View Post
                        Thank you for your reply Roger, this journey has been a very long one as I also went down in the financial crisis, in fact this is essentially where my debt began through self financing in order to keep swimming....
                        I think my biggest problem is conscience, its quite scary to get into unmanageable debt and such a relief when somebody like Stepchange come in and stop the letters and calls etc. Then after it all settles down the monthly payment becomes just another bill, you get used to denying yourself nice things and luxuries and learn to live a kind of under-life, sucking up the embarrassment of not being able to afford social occasions, birthday presents etc. Then a year ago I went on a thinking dog walk where I tried really hard to imagine life without debt and I honestly couldn’t imagine it, THAT was a moment I can tell you! I spent a couple of months afterwards trying to accept that in my 50’s I wouldn’t ever get back to where I was financially in my 30’s and I just had to accepted it. But my brain wouldn’t let me do that and so after months of research here I am with AAD and I can’t tell you how incredibly grateful I am for the help and advice I have had so far here, it’s only been a short while but its actually changed my life and I’m finally holding my head up high again after so many years!
                        I have nothing but sympathy and as for Conscience yes I set out to honour my debts etc..
                        BUT it didn't stop a certain DSA from going for 100% face value a Debt.
                        Thanks to my coming to AAD especially @Di and @Jo that DSA was defeated but not before a massive battle!
                        I never borrowed a penny from these DCA's. The OC enjoys tax relief against Bad Debts (we are tax payers!) and sells for pennies in the pound.
                        In other words the Debt doesn't exist in OC returns!
                        You are not dealing here with Charity's and the original Debt is no longer on OC's books. The penalty is your credit rating!!
                        Under the Law as a Consumer you have Rights CCA1974 plus over the years Case Law etc..
                        By all means be a Gentlemen when dealing with Gentleman! BUT these are out and out speculators fleecing the poor debtor!
                        Use the Law and your Rights and Put Your Essentials first.

Comment

If there is one thing that will come out of this awful pandemic, it's lots of juicy fresh debtors to chase after for the DCA's. Our old, stale, disputed debts will probably be even lower priority for a long time to come. Still wish we were all healthy and disease free, though!

Comment

Just to add to Roger’s comments, I had a conscience and was going to repay etc until I looked at all the paperwork and realised that the banks must take some responsibility for their past actions! I went for a review with LLoyds and left with over £40,000 of credit - I was working part time on £300 pcm and had a young family. My husbands money was not shown on any of the paperwork. They were reckless and greedy.

Comment

That's EXACTLY what happened to me cymruambyth! I walked into Lloyds to pay some money in or something trivial and walked out with a #13,000 loan! I was also in a similar financial position as our business had recently gone down the pan. I still wonder if there is anything that can be done about mis-selling of loans? Mis-selling of PPI is one thing but what damage was done with the commision led greed of these bank workers? (I've just realised I sound far more confident than the beaten down person I was at the begining of my thread, thanks AAD!)

Comment

I feel that I got my revenge ........ My PPI was refunded with interest and when they took me to court for one of these accounts they discontinued the claim thanks the AAD solicitor and never chased me for any of the other accounts. They are all cleared from my credit record and well past their SB date.

Comment

Working...
                                X