GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwatch
    replied
    Nothing, you just have to wait and see what they do next.

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    sometimes we just have to wonder what is going on,

maybe they haven't been having a good time in court, so are trying to get you to pay something instead of wasting money on a court case the can't win.
    So what should I be doing next?

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    sometimes we just have to wonder what is going on,

maybe they haven't been having a good time in court, so are trying to get you to pay something instead of wasting money on a court case the can't win.

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Post #21 says this was originally an Egg credit card not a Barclaycard, or have I misunderstood (it happens )?
    Yes it was an Egg card.

You have 30 days to reply (or not) to that Letter of Claim so take your time researching the full background before you respond.

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to Egg (Canada Sq Operations) if it was an Egg, and/or a SAR to Barclaycard where you’ll see any interaction between PRA and them?
    Yes I sent PRA a CCA request in Jun 2018. On 20th June, they sent me a reconstituted copy of the credit agreement which came from Barclaycard. The cover letter stated that the debt was currently unenforceable.
    I then received a letter dated 06 July, with a sheet showing the application had been made online. This showed my application details i.e name address etc. The cover letter again stated that the debt was currently unenforceable.
    On the same day (6 July), PRA sent another letter enclosing a copy statement for May 2012 and Mar 2013 with the cover letter asking me to contact them to discuss a mutually acceptable agreement to settle the outstanding balance.

Di
    So unsure why they are threatening court action!

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post
    • HELPME34's UE Diary
    Barclaycard
    • Feb 2009
    • £3120
    • Last full payment: July 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Jan 2013– dropped off credit file
    • PRA Group
    Jun 2018 - CCA's requested
    July 2018 - Paperwork received
    May 2019 - deemed UE by Niddy
    11 Oct 2019 - offer of a 10% discount off the full balance.
    1 Nov - Letter Before Claim received from PRA stating I need to complete the form and return within 30 days or I'll be taken to court

Post #21 says this was originally an Egg credit card not a Barclaycard, or have I misunderstood (it happens )?

You have 30 days to reply (or not) to that Letter of Claim so take your time researching the full background before you respond.

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to Egg (Canada Sq Operations) if it was an Egg, and/or a SAR to Barclaycard where you’ll see any interaction between PRA and them?

Di

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Thank you both for your prompt replies. I'll contact Di shortly.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Or email her xx

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    0330 053 9340. you a LBA now is the time to get a free initial talk with Di @ 0330 053 9340.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 November 2019, 19:00.

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary
    Barclaycard
    • Feb 2009
    • £3120
    • Last full payment: July 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Jan 2013– dropped off credit file
    • PRA Group
    Jun 2018 - CCA's requested
    July 2018 - Paperwork received
    May 2019 - deemed UE by Niddy
    11 Oct 2019 - offer of a 10% discount off the full balance.
    1 Nov - Letter Before Claim received from PRA stating I need to complete the form and return within 30 days or I'll be taken to court
    Just came home from work and saw this letter. Please someone tell me what to do!!! Really scared

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied

Hi Di

Apologies...I hadn't updated the post. Niddy is back and confirmed a few days ago that the paperwork is unenforceable. He said he couldnt say anything about the terms until they sent them to me.
    So im assuming i just sit tight for now??

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary
    Santander Credit Card
    • Feb 2008
    • £2618
    • Last full payment: Jun 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
    • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
    August - letter sent requesting CCA agreement.
    08 Aug - letter stating account on hold until request investigated.
    27 Aug - copy of account opening agreement received.
    05 Sep - transaction summary received.

18 Sep - CCA sent to Niddy - Confirmed Unenforceable!!
    Hi Di

Apologies...I hadn't updated the post. Niddy is back and confirmed a few days ago that the paperwork is unenforceable. He said he couldnt say anything about the terms until they sent them to me.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Hi. Does anyone know if Niddy is back?

Which credit agreement account are you waiting to hear about (assuming that's the reason for your question)?

Is it your Santander credit card?

I can't see anything about a CCA Request to Santander in your Diary post, but I can see a later post where you were hesitant to send one because your mortgage is also with Santander.

• HELPME34's UE Diary
    Santander Credit Card
    • Feb 2008
    • £2618
    • Last full payment: Jun 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
    • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.

Or is it another debt?

Di

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    he should be , if your still waiting for a verdict off him, I would resend to him,

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Hi. Does anyone know if Niddy is back?

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    I once had a visit from someone who to be fair was really nice, all I said was that the account I believed he may be talking about was seriously disputed and the creditor knew this. He asked me to send a letter stating the same which I did- at the same time being very careful not to acknowledge the debt. Never heard from anyone ever again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X