GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwatch
    replied
    if you have had a CCA reply then no need, Has Niddy deemed it unenforceable?
    Or if you are still waiting he is on holiday so may be a few hours behind/ahead of us

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post

Apologies...my mistake. In the initial letter in 2014, they stated that the account had been bought by Lowell but would continue to be managed by Drydens for my convenience. However, the current letter is from Lowell and does not mention anything about Drydens.
    So should I send the CCA request to Lowells?

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

So I am quite confused now..Wescot replied after I sent the CCA request. They have enclosed a copy of the original application form (and yes i have emailed this to Niddy to check). They also then sent me a transaction summary from Santander dated from account opening showing all the transactions.
    Some times, but not always, a DCA will pass on or ask the original lender for the paperwork,
    Sometimes a DCA will say as they are not the owner of the acount, you must contact the original lender, Arrow always used to do this, which was confusing as they were the owner as they had bought it,

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

In post # 34 of your thread you said that this debt had been sold to Lowell in March 2014.

Your new post says that you received a statement this month from Lowell, and you add the comment: "It appears they have bought the debt." implying this has only recently happened.

You've previously posted that DrydensFairfax have been chasing you for the debt, which is unusual since Lowell Portfolio instruct their own firm Lowell Solicitors.

Can you clarify the dates of what happened when before you send a CCA Request in case I've misunderstood the situation (it happens ).

Di
    Apologies...my mistake. In the initial letter in 2014, they stated that the account had been bought by Lowell but would continue to be managed by Drydens for my convenience. However, the current letter is from Lowell and does not mention anything about Drydens.

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Wescot would not be able to supply as they are not the owners of the aledged debt only collectors on commission

ypu have stated you sent for checking to Niddy????
    So I am quite confused now..Wescot replied after I sent the CCA request. They have enclosed a copy of the original application form (and yes i have emailed this to Niddy to check). They also then sent me a transaction summary from Santander dated from account opening showing all the transactions.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied

So should i be asking them to provide the CCA's for this loan? As i mentioned before, this was a recent loan taken out in 2010.

In post # 34 of your thread you said that this debt had been sold to Lowell in March 2014.

Your new post says that you received a statement this month from Lowell, and you add the comment: "It appears they have bought the debt." implying this has only recently happened.

You've previously posted that DrydensFairfax have been chasing you for the debt, which is unusual since Lowell Portfolio instruct their own firm Lowell Solicitors.

Can you clarify the dates of what happened when before you send a CCA Request in case I've misunderstood the situation (it happens ).

Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Wescot would not be able to supply as they are not the owners of the aledged debt only collectors on commission

ypu have stated you sent for checking to Niddy????

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary

HSPF Loan
    • Feb 2010
    • £11736
    • Last full payment: Jun 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Dec 2012– - dropped off credit file
    • Drydens Fairfax Solicitors
    11 Sept - Annual statement received from Lowell. It appears they have bought the debt

16 Sept - Letter received asking to contact them to discuss the account as they are the new owners.
    So should i be asking them to provide the CCA's for this loan? As i mentioned before, this was a recent loan taken out in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Ah! Wetcloths opppssss (Wescot = we hope to make money collecting from you ) are only collection agents and no owners

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary
    Santander Credit Card
    • Feb 2008
    • £2618
    • Last full payment: Jun 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
    • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
    I recieved a reply to the CCA request and it seems genuine to me. I have emailed to Niddy to check.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    There is nothing for you to do at the moments
    Niddy has said they are UE, so sit back and see what they send next.

NW

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary

Virgin MBNA credit card
    • May 2009
    • £2457
    • Last full payment: July 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Feb 2013– - dropped off credit file
    • Link Financial

24th August - CCA's received - to be e-mailed to check enforceability.
    28th Aug - response from Niddy -This was an online application and they’re using a tick in the box signature. Niddy still thinks it's UE due to incompleteness of application prescribed terms.
    Same question - next steps to take please..

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary

BARCLAYCARD
    • Dec 1999
    • £3265
    • DMP
    • Defaulted March 2013– - dropped off credit file
    • Link Financial

22nd August - CCA's received - to be e-mailed to check for enforceability
    28th Aug - response from Niddy - looks UE as there are only random terms and no signed agreement.
    I'm assuming I should just keep quiet on this one

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    HELPME34's UE Diary

MBNA credit card
    • Apr 2007
    • £5385
    • Last full payment: June 2012
    • DMP
    • Link Financial
    22nd Aug - CCA's recieved - to be e-mailed to check for enforceability
    28th Aug - Response from NIddy - Online application but is questionable
    Again - would just to know what to do next please

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary

Virgin MBNA credit card
    • Feb 2009
    • £1509
    • DMP
    • Link Financial
    June 2018 - CCA's requested - no reply
    22 Aug 2019 - CCA's received - to be e-mailed to check for enforceability.
    28 Aug - response from Niddy - This was an online application and they’re using a tick in the box signature. However, Niddy believes it’s UE due to incompleteness of application prescribed terms.
    If someone can kindly advise the next steps I should take please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X