GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwatch
    replied
    They have no power of any sort,
    if you know when they may call just don't open the door,
    the call is to ;
    1, make sure it is you that lives there
    2, get you to admit the debt is yours
    3, talk you into starting up a repayment plan,
    If you do open the door, just say not today thanks and close the door.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    do not make the mistake in speaking to them about the contents of their visit. and do not tell them anything about the aledged debt and enforceability. I had a company years ago threatening me about a debt, so I politely stated so they could hear :- Lads who have we got in so and so area> as I got a chap here threatening allsorts and needs seeing to:- never heard from them again.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    if they do call just ask them to leave and close the door, no letter etc will stop them in most cases, they can make an appearance at least once (caller on commissions hopefuls)

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post
    • HELPME34's UE Diary

HSPF then Bank of Scotland credit card
    • Feb 2010
    • £1184
    • Last full payment: Jun 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Feb 2013– - dropped off credit file
    • Moorcroft Debt Recovery

Jun 2018 - CCA's requested
    July 2018 - Paperwork received
    May 2019 - Deemed UE by Niddy

9 July - letter from Moorcroft requesting to get in touch as Payplan are no longer dealing with my account.
    9 Sep - letter requesting payment as not received.
    21 Sep - Letter stating account has been passed to Home Collections division and someone will call at the address!!
    So now I'm panicking as I don't want these people knocking on my door! What are the next steps I should take?

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

Yup, a real first world problem isn't it. Being stranded while away on your xth holiday of the year
    Shame is it not lol

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    was 3 months once stranded only went for 4 weeks, lovely weather then in the late 80s

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied

Oh you meanies!! He did mention the word 'stranded' in the email..poor guy
    Yup, a real first world problem isn't it. Being stranded while away on your xth holiday of the year

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Oh! I might fly over him when I return then from holiday, ////// soon
    Oh you meanies!! He did mention the word 'stranded' in the email..poor guy

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    he may be some time, flew with Thomas Cooke
    Oh! I might fly over him when I return then from holiday, ////// soon

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

From what you say Lowell's letter simply asks you to contact them. It's not threatening anything is it?

If not then it doesn't require a response or a s77-79 CCA Request (yet).

I've got a little lost reading the last few posts on this thread because I can't always see which debt they refer to.

Lowell have your original HSPF loan after it was assigned to them in 2014, and you've never sent a CCA Request to anyone (so far). DrydensFairfax solicitors were managing the debt on behalf of HSPF, and continued to do so after Lowell purchased it. Recently DrydensFairfax have ceased to write to you, and you've had a mild(?) letter from Lowell (not Lowell Solicitors(?).

Your Santander debt is still owned by them but managed by a DCA (Wescot) and you've sent a CCA Request to Wescot not Sandander(?). You've been sent documentation by Wescot which you have emailed to Niddy for his opinion on its enforceability.

Correct me if I've misunderstood things (it happens).

Perhaps update each of the debt posts to keep things on track, and then quote them before you ask a question so members can see the full history in one post..

Di
    That's all correct Di. Sorry i seem to have got things confused! I'll update each post as advised

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied

So should i be asking them to provide the CCA's for this loan? As i mentioned before, this was a recent loan taken out in 2010.

From what you say Lowell's letter simply asks you to contact them. It's not threatening anything is it?

If not then it doesn't require a response or a s77-79 CCA Request (yet).

I've got a little lost reading the last few posts on this thread because I can't always see which debt they refer to.

Lowell have your original HSPF loan after it was assigned to them in 2014, and you've never sent a CCA Request to anyone (so far). DrydensFairfax solicitors were managing the debt on behalf of HSPF, and continued to do so after Lowell purchased it. Recently DrydensFairfax have ceased to write to you, and you've had a mild(?) letter from Lowell (not Lowell Solicitors(?).

Your Santander debt is still owned by them but managed by a DCA (Wescot) and you've sent a CCA Request to Wescot not Sandander(?). You've been sent documentation by Wescot which you have emailed to Niddy for his opinion on its enforceability.

Correct me if I've misunderstood things (it happens).

Perhaps update each of the debt posts to keep things on track, and then quote them before you ask a question so members can see the full history in one post..

Di

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    he may be some time, flew with Thomas Cooke

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    • HELPME34's UE Diary
    Santander Credit Card
    • Feb 2008
    • £2618
    • Last full payment: Jun 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
    • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
    This is the one I've received an application form for. Awaiting reply from Niddy who has confirmed he is on holiday at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    in that case send the CCA to Lowell and let's see what you get back

Leave a comment:

• Helpme34
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    if you have had a CCA reply then no need, Has Niddy deemed it unenforceable?
    Or if you are still waiting he is on holiday so may be a few hours behind/ahead of us
    No. I have never requested a CCA for this loan as it was fairly new (2010) and wasnt sure whether or not to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X