GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card advice for escalating interest charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card advice for escalating interest charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to remember, many banks- the coop included let you pay cash and cheques in at the post office

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-banking-services

Comment

Today I am going to send a CCA with the £1 Postal Order, I am not sure where to send it as the letter I sent to Halifax has not been replied to.
      I can’t find an address on their site I thought there might be just for CCAs, Halifax appear to to have several addresses. Just have to send to Head Office & hope they respond. Or does anyone know of address at Halifax to send CCA

Comment

Warwick65, thank you. Will check it out

Comment

Nightwatch, thanks will just have to look at others, wanted a Basic Bank Account really, could stay with Halifax but it’s no good if they start taking money from my account as it comes in.

Comment

Never stay with a bank you owe money to. Why do you think I’m with Yorkshire and coop !

Comment

I agree but it seems moving or at least getting a basic account elsewhere is not so easy. I am trying again tonight. At the moment I am keeping to mini that way they can’t take what’s not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Did you enclose the £1 statutory fee with your CCA Request sent on 17th April?

If not then you may need to send a new one with the £1 in order for it to be valid.

Originally posted by Maxsgirl View Post
                I didn’t enclose a fee for response as I didn’t know about it.

In which case you'll need to send a new s 77-79 CCA Request together with the £1 statutory fee.

Do this now while at the same time planning your exit strategy for a new banking facility.

Di

Comment

Warwick65, all done took about 2 hours to set everything up & transferred £5 to ensure it was all working. Went with Metro so many thanks for your advice. That’s the first part done, so I’ll get started with the rest now .
                  Tomorrow I will get this form in post, now I’ve got the PO. I think I’ll ring that number for some more advice from Diana Mayhew. It’s been a long day! So thanks for help. J

Comment

Diana Mayhew, I am in the process of doing letter for CCA, who do I make the PO payable to ie, credit card is with Halifax. Also as it seems because I didn’t know I should have done this first I don't want to say the wrong in my letter. Is there a forum or Template I can go to?

Comment

Hi Payment is made to Halifax as you are sending it to them, template is here, Starting out, CCA Request.

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/t...lity-templates
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Found the template & have just typed it out as is, checked it all to ensure I hadn’t missed anything. Will post tomorrow as it was too late by the time I had got it all done. Many thanks

Comment

Diane Mayhew, thanks for that as I hadn’t posted so I will do as you advise. Another step!

Comment

Make sure you keep a copy and details of payment. Also if sending signed for post print off a copy of when they receive it.
                            I know it may seem bothersome at the moment but it really is a good habit to get into

Comment

Warwick65, no worries will keep everything then if proof is needed I’ve got it. That is why I’ve still got letters from 2013 when I first complained, maybe this time I’ll get satisfaction.

Comment

Tech Clerk, I have now sent CCA request (16/05/2019) in the meantime despite letter I sent 17/04/19 to which the have not replied ( sent Recorded del & signed for 23/04/19 they keep ringing me & sending messages on my phone, which I cannot reply to, the last one at 2.30 pm today. Should I keep ignoring while I am waiting for reply or not to CCA 1974 I sent today?

Comment

Working...
                                X