GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card advice for escalating interest charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card advice for escalating interest charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at this stage yes, once 12 days are past then unenforceable until/if ever they supply an accurate on then there can be other faults etc to tackle? no blocker on your phone, make a list for now of calls in a diary for possible use later?? unless Di or others think different? sorry delays change servers at home last few days/
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, yes I have blocker on my phone, didn’t block as I thought if I kept record of calls & messages sent they might be needed later on. Will write them down. I see you are advising people to make a diary, is there a template or page I can go to to start one. Don’t know why they send you a message that you can’t reply to, my reply was, please contact me in writing only, doesn’t seem like they want to do that.

Comment

just keep it on a file on your phone/computer date/time/who called and number?

Harassment by Telephone send Recorded Delivery and keep copy
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I joined this forum I’m May & I followed the advice given & used template for CCA. Since then I have tried to get a solution with Halifax. I now need help with this as they have sold the debt to Link Financial. I received a letter from them 22 October dated 17th. In the 5 days of last week I was bombarded with phone calls & messages telling me to ring them which I have not done. I also think a debt collector has been banging on my door. I need help urgently as I don’t know what to do.
          I can supply info of everything to date if someone can offer advise or help. Many thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Maxsgirl View Post
            I joined this forum I’m May & I followed the advice given & used template for CCA. Since then I have tried to get a solution with Halifax. I now need help with this as they have sold the debt to Link Financial. I received a letter from them 22 October dated 17th. In the 5 days of last week I was bombarded with phone calls & messages telling me to ring them which I have not done. I also think a debt collector has been banging on my door. I need help urgently as I don’t know what to do.
            I can supply info of everything to date if someone can offer advise or help.

Hello

Can you post the account history/information on this thread using this format >
            • Type of account (credit card/loan)
            • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
            • Approx balance
            • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying
            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or debt purchaser)

Once you've done that it will be easier to give accurate help and support.

What was Halifax's response to your s77-79 CCA Response sent in May?

Di

Comment

they do initially. what makes you think knocking on door? to early for them usually to do that, even if they did you tell them to go away as they have no authority as much as I would have to be there and insist you discuss anything. they do try the old we will send Resolvecall etc ( no powers as stated) you sent? CCA request and the account is unenforceable to until if ever they send a compliant one, we have been bombarded in the past it is their intimidation tactics, we keep record as told you before so as to go for harassment if ever it got to that stage, -- you will get fed up with it eventually so will they, they can sell on as long as they want but they have to adhere to regulation,

others will pop in also!

Comment

I will post information you are asking for, I took out the Halifax Card in 2002, in 2012 I request a loan from my bank (Halifax also) it was agreed then they rang me & said they had changed their decision. Reason that I was too old & might die before it was paid off, also I couldn’t guarantee that my State Pension & other benefits would still be paid. I am disabled & in receipt of DLA & Motability Allowance. I believe it was a DC as I live on my own p, was not expecting anyone did not recognise the man he was looking up at the windows & banging very loudly on the door.
                Reply to CCA, they sent copy going back to 2002, whoever filled that form in was not me, it is not my signature either. They also sent copy of terms & conditions which appear to be recent.
                I paid the amount they requested every month ie £320 variable until they informed me that they were going to increase that to around £500 per month. The first statement requested £474.00. I wrote to Halifax explaining I could not afford this as it is approximately half of my incoming income. They basically told me that they would not consider a less amount & included information of getting advice to come to an agreement from CAB or other advice groups. I have already paid more than £16 thousand in interest since 2012, statements to back up, and still owe £11,199 as it has just escalated.
                I will copy & send all the paper work, statements, letters etc to you, can I send them privately as I don’t want it all showing in public unless I blank out account details etc. I will also read through advice just sent so I can see what I need to do.
                many thanks for your fast reply.

Comment

No do not send make a diary from day one look around and see how it is done, The CCA send do not mark alterations at all to:- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk link this thread and state not your signature etc?

Comment

Halifax also told me that The Ombudsman would not consider my complaint as it was older than 3 years & you are not allowed a complaint going back 6 years. It’s all in the letter I will send, they also put my increased the limit on the account without informing me to £15,000. I pointed that out in my complaint. There is more but better if I send everything I have.

Comment

please read item 38 above

Comment

Originally posted by Maxsgirl View Post
                        I will post information you are asking for, I took out the Halifax Card in 2002 . . . .

. . . . . Reply to CCA, they sent copy going back to 2002, whoever filled that form in was not me, it is not my signature either. They also sent copy of terms & conditions which appear to be recent.

Don't send anything to me at this stage.

Just email the credit agreement from 2002 which the Halifax sent to you in response to your CCA Request to Niddy. Don't send him any other documents.

Post up the account history on your thread as per my post # 38.

The FOS information about the loan they refused to grant is not relevant at this stage.

Di

Comment

Halifax Credit Card
                          Commenced 19 February 2002
                          Balance now £11,199.58
                          Last Date Paid 06 March 2019
                          Arrangements made/Agreed. NONE
                          Default on my Account letter dated 15 August 2019

Entered on Credit Rating September 2019

Letter dated 17 October received 22 October 2019 from Link Financial
                          Enclosed with their letter was one with Halifax Logo stating they have sold the debt to Link Financial

i have not been informed by Halifax they have sold the debt.
                          Last edited by nightwatch; 30 October 2019, 12:36.

Comment

I have file of all letters, Statements going back to 11 October 2012, also I have printed out yearly statements 12 March 2014 which is the earliest date online to 12 March 2019. Replies etc. Bank account & associated letters including statements & letter for updated account to Ultimate Reward Account, which is now going be a problem as this week I have had my Income payments assigned to new bank account.

Comment

Do I have to put a ref on the email or a name?
                              In the agreement terms & conditions there is a section about Insurance (sending pic) does this mean they have charged that in with the interest. I did a PPI & it came back nothing found.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                                No do not send make a diary from day one look around and see how it is done, The CCA send do not mark alterations at all to:- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk link this thread and state not your signature etc?
                                I can’t see how to send photo of CCA using this link, should I just email from my email box

Comment

Working...
                                X