GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander admin westcot cc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander admin westcot cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is just a pay us or else letter,

if they are looking to take it further, they need to send you a LBA, which includes a formal letter giving you 30 days to reply, an I&E form and one with questions with A,B,C,D, answers of choice. you can wait till that turns up if you wish.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am ever so slightly confused and I know it doesn't take much but here are my comments

You sent a CCA request to Santander and they have replied saying there s no outstanding balance- is that correct?

The account/reference number on that letter, is it the same as the account/reference number on the letter you have just received?

You have no had a vague(wish) threatening letter saying pay up or else - is that correct?

Let me try to have a look back and work it out but it would be easier if you could , I imagine you have covered any reference numbers on what you have posted up here.

Comment

By the way- I would also cover up the QR codes and the amounts - you don't want them to match this thread with their letters.

Comment

Hi All, Hope everyone is well, Wescot has reared their ugly head again, as previously mentioned this is an old santander account that was defaulted in October 2011, after which I agreed to pay Santander £20 a month. I did this up until December 2018 when Santander decided to pass the debt onto wescot at this point I stopped paying the £20. since then the debt has been passed around several agencies for which I have recieved letters from which I have ignored and then they seem to go away. I dont think ive had anything for about the last 18 months up until this last week. For about the last 7 days Wescot have now starting harrasing once or twice a day, with phone calls texts and a letter, I havent answered the phone calls but they have left messages. My question is do I carry on as normal ie ignoring them or should I acknowledge they say I owe about £5000

Comment

Ignore they eventually get message they just commission agents hoping you do not know
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No corresponding with them unless told here

Comment

Thanks Tech Clerk, Much appreciated

Comment

Hi all, I hope everyone is well, just a quick question, this santander cc above is still ongoing, which probably defaulted about 10 years ago and my last agreed/arranged payment to them was about 4 yrs ago, my question is, I also have a savings account with them that is linked to my mortgage, are they within their right to just take money out of this account to pay the cc or do they have to go through the courts etc? Many Thanks

Comment

Morning,
                    I would think that they would have taken money from your savings account before now if they could.
                    I see that Warwick pointed out, a few years back, that Santander said the balance was nil an this account.
                    If that is correct then Santander have sold the account to Wescot, once sold they cannot take money from your accounts to cover the debt.

Comment

Morning Nightwatch, Thanks again, Their is one worrying snag, once a year I still receive a statement from Santander for this account, stating the amount owed and no interest charged, nothing else, just a print out, which obviously makes me think they haven't sold it on.

Comment

Originally posted by MACO View Post
                        Morning Nightwatch, Thanks again, Their is one worrying snag, once a year I still receive a statement from Santander for this account, stating the amount owed and no interest charged, nothing else, just a print out, which obviously makes me think they haven't sold it on.
                        It looks like they have "cocked up" in there accounting department then.
                        just carry on as before and enjoy your weekend.

Nw

P.S. Hubby had an RBS Credit Card, taken out many moons ago, defaulted 2003. deemed UE, now well SB.
                        Every month he gets the statement asking for the full £8k ASAP and the remaining sum by xx
                        as Hubby is now in a Nursing home, I take it to show him every now and again, just to cheer him up.
                        Last edited by nightwatch; 4 November 2022, 11:49.

Comment

Final Response - Statute Barred

did you ever send this one? also refer to #2

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            Final Response - Statute Barred

did you ever send this one? also refer to #2
                            57 posts on the thread, and still no diary??

Comment

Hi All, Thanks for your replies, I have never sent the statue barred as my final agreed payment was only about 4 yrs ago, my concern is I have my tracker mortgage with them and I can ofset the interest being charged (as it keeps going up) on my mortgage with savings in that same account, but I am worried if I put money in there they might take it.

Sorry about the Diary thing but im not sure how to do it, my computer skills are limited ?

Comment

Type of account -
                                Date commenced -
                                Approx balance -
                                Date last paid -
                                Default date -
                                Are you on arrangement or not
                                Status -
                                Account owner -
                                Current status:

Comment

Working...
                                X