GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander admin westcot cc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander admin westcot cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all well, I sent of my CCA request for my Santander CC, I have attached there reply, I do have my mortgage with them, but do you think they are just biding time or is this a genuine mistake? Thanks Again MACO
    Attached Files

Comment

It was a CCA request you sent with the £1 fee and not a GDPR/sar request?

If it was the CCA request you sent did you put the Card account number in as a ref
      ​​​
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Nightwatch, Thanks for the reply, Yes it was a cca request, I put the card number and customer reference number, I think i'll send it again with just the card number so there can be no mistakes, as the customer reference may have picked up my mortgage.

Comment

Hi, Just to add, I have just checked my mortgage statement and The reference numbers I used on my cca request, have no connection to my mortgage statement whatsoever.

Comment

well what can we say, they don't have a record of your Credit Card,
            they have replied as if you sent a data request, so they should of sent all data pertaining to the given information, either a CC or mortgage,
            has the payment you sent been cashed?
            if so another boob there as, if treated as a Data request, it is now free, so should of been returned,
            i would wait and see what is sent next

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Nightwatch,, No the cheque was not cashed but also was not returned. Im sending another request and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MACO View Post
                Hi Nightwatch,, No the cheque was not cashed but also was not returned. Im sending another request and see what happens.
                The CCA request letter COVERS All accounts. Doesn't matter what they do with the £1 (as long as you have a record of this SIC Cheque Number and date!) Record of delivery and their receiving (They have written acknowledgment of receipt). In Law they are in Default of your CCA Request and will remain so until they respond.
                My advice is not to send another request on the contrary its time for SILENCE!

Comment

As Roger has stated they are in default of your CCA request and therefore cannot legally enforce. As long as you sent the correct request and keep a record of date sent, received and cheque number you are covered. There is no need to remind them.

Comment

Hi All, Thanks for the advice, I haven't sent them another request, However, Just to add to the confusion Santander sent me this today. This account does not seem to relate to the one I have asked for, as the account numbers are different? the only other account I have ever had with them as far as I can remember is an old Alliance and Leicester, which was deemed unenforceable about 7 years ago. Are they now saying I have PPI on this account? if so would it be worth me looking into this further or let sleeping dogs lie?
                    Attached Files

Comment

What they are saying is that they are no longer the owner of the debt and you should contact CL finance-

Does that ring a bell?

Have CL finance been in touch at all about this account?

If they have sold the debt and you have been informed, it is CL finance who should have been sent the CCA request

Comment

Hi Warwick, I really don't think this is the CC that I have sent the CCA request for, I think its an old one that was Deemed Unenforceable about 7 years ago, I have never heard of CL finance, what do they mean by insurance has been added?

Comment

Sorry you will need to spell this out to me in simple terms

Do you have or have you had more than one credit card with Santander as they stand now - so this could include A&L or Abbey etc? or it could even be on elf the many branded cards , I think my ASDA card was with Santander at some point

You say this card was deemed UE about 7 years ago, who by?

If it was UE have you being paying and if so why? - I know some feel it is a moral obligation, I am afraid I am not one of them.

CL finance were a debt purchaser who are now part of a bigger operation, its the Robinson way people , off the top of my head I think that's Hoist but I maybe wrong

I think what they are saying is that you had some form of PPI on the card in which case you may want to claim it back

Comment

Hi all, Today I have received a CCA from Santander for the original CC that I asked for. The CCA they have sent is just a standard CCA, it has no reference to me whatsoever it does not contain my name, address or my signature, with it they have attached a short letter saying this:

' Under the consumer credit (cancellation notice and copies of documents) Regulation 1983 we can comply with the legal requirement's by sending you a copy of an agreement in the same form as the one that was signed, but may exclude the signature box, customer signature and the date of signature.

Comment

Originally posted by MACO View Post
                              Hi all, Today I have received a CCA from Santander for the original CC that I asked for. The CCA they have sent is just a standard CCA, it has no reference to me whatsoever it does not contain my name, address or my signature, with it they have attached a short letter saying this:

' Under the consumer credit (cancellation notice and copies of documents) Regulation 1983 we can comply with the legal requirement's by sending you a copy of an agreement in the same form as the one that was signed, but may exclude the signature box, customer signature and the date of signature.

they are quite correct, the CCA request is for information only. BUT, if they wish to persue in court it must be an original, were (if any) T&C's the ones at the date taken out, and did they send any other T&C's
                              It is best to get it checked out by Niddy. webmaster-at-all-about-debt
                              but it does sound to be Unenforceable

Comment

Just to clarify, any reconstituted copy must contain your name and address at the time you took it out and their details from the same time. Also the agreement needs to be accurate.

Depending when the card was opened, they might have trouble if they can’t show the original

There are other things as well such as default notice etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X