GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander admin westcot cc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander admin westcot cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander admin westcot cc

Hi All, Im not sure if im in the right place but here goes. I have a Santander cc that I defaulted around 7 years ago. I set up an arranged payment with Santander for £20 a month and have been paying ever since and never missed a payment, the debt is around 6k. this debt has now droped of my credit history, so my credit is very good. I received a letter from Santander a few weeks ago saying my payments will stay in place and my account will now be managed by westcot credit services. Westcot have now contacted me asking me to contact them asap so they can deal with this account and that further collection activity will commence in the event of me not contacting them. do I contact them? or ignor it? I am still paying my £20, Many Thanks MACO

Wetcloths ( opps Wescot) are only commission agents and do not do court work, all they probably would so if you did not pay them is pass back to owners who may then sale to an actual debt buyer?

right now start a diary and list all letters etc by date ( see examples on site) also now tell us opened when, type account, default date, and have you requested ( if had one) for a copy oof an CCA1974 credit agreement, this would give us an idea if you are being cash cowed or not.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have deleted the multiple threads you made for this one so only use this one from now on?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Tech Clark, thanks for that, so do you think for the time being I just ignor there letters and just continue paying my £20 to Santander? I will request the cca from Santander, it was probably opened around 2009 and default around 2011. it dropped of my credit rating about a year ago.

Comment

I am asking for more information before further comment so that people on here can get the true picture , also we need to know what your intentions are regarding which route you want to take. ?

taken out on line then?? Warwick65

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	santander.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1519610Click image for larger version

Name:	wescot.JPG
Views:	534
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	1519612
            Hi, Please find both letters from Santander and Wescot which was received two days ago, My account went into default around October 2011, I have been paying £20 a month ever since with no interest and to be quite honest would be prepared to keep paying this as my credit score is now very good. I am not sure if this account is unenforceable, although I will send of for my cca. My immediate concern is, if I contact these people as they are asking, is this going to cause me a lot more hassle and grief or am I better just ignoring them and keep paying Santander £20 which is done by standing order? I think the credit card account was originally applied for online around about October 2009.

Comment

standard we are getting them to collect for us save us time? just answer the previous questions that would let us know the real situation and you are not being cash shared cowed

Comment

Originally posted by MACO View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	santander.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1519610Click image for larger version

Name:	wescot.JPG
Views:	534
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	1519612
                Hi, Please find both letters from Santander and Wescot which was received two days ago, My account went into default around October 2011, I have been paying £20 a month ever since with no interest and to be quite honest would be prepared to keep paying this as my credit score is now very good. I am not sure if this account is unenforceable, although I will send of for my cca. My immediate concern is, if I contact these people as they are asking, is this going to cause me a lot more hassle and grief or am I better just ignoring them and keep paying Santander £20 which is done by standing order? I think the credit card account was originally applied for online around about October 2009.
                Hiya,
                Wescot have taken over the job of collecting your £20, THEY WANT YOU TO CONTACT THEM SO THEY CAN ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR INCOME AND EXPENDITURE, this is so they can try and get you to pay a much higher payment, They will also try and get you to pay by Direct Debit or continuing debit card payment

If you want to carry on paying the £20, you just need to write to them saying that £20 is all you can afford and you would like their bank details so you can set up a standing order, also tell them that all comunication is in writing only.

They will keep trying to get you to fill in an I&E form or to send a bank statement to prove this is all you can afford, you do not need to send them, only a judge can legaly ask for them,
                It is just a case of standing your ground,

NW x

Comment

account went into default around October 2011, I have been paying £20 a month ever since with no interest and to be quite honest would be prepared to keep paying this as my credit score is now very good. I am not sure if this account is unenforceable, although I will send of for my cca.
                  If your account was defaulted in 2011 then the whole file entry will have been removed from your CRA file six years later regardless of whether you continue to pay or not. So it probably vanished from sight in 2017.

A debt can only be defaulted once so you needn't worry about a new default being registered if you don't pay Westcot or Santander. I'm not suggesting that you should stop paying them, I'm simply making you aware that your credit score shouldn't be affected by whatever decision you make about this debt (unless you get a CCJ which will be registered with the CRAs).

I think you should send Santander a s 77-79 CCA Request to see if they have a compliant credit agreement and then decide your next step.

Di

Comment

CCA Request

Comment

Thankyou everyone for the help and information, yes my cc was defaulted in 2011 and has now disappeared of my file, I will send my cca request and decide from there on my next step. I was worried about it affecting my CRA as I have just got it to a descent rating, as this should not be the case I am feeling a lot more confident. :-)

Comment

I was worried about it affecting my CRA as I have just got it to a descent rating, as this should not be the case I am feeling a lot more confident.

Good to see you're sounding more confident about your situation

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like about this debt and any other debts. This forum likes questions.

Di

Comment

Hi Everyone, I am sending my CCA Request tomorrow, I am just wondering as I have my mortgage with Santander as well, is there anyway this could effect my mortgage?

Comment

good day to you,

I doubt it will have any effect on your mortgage at this point in time.

NW x

Comment

Thankyou, Night Watch

Comment

Working...
                              X