GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander admin westcot cc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander admin westcot cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwatch
    replied
    that is just a pay us or else letter,

if they are looking to take it further, they need to send you a LBA, which includes a formal letter giving you 30 days to reply, an I&E form and one with questions with A,B,C,D, answers of choice. you can wait till that turns up if you wish.

Leave a comment:

• MACO
    replied
    Edited with too much info
    Last edited by MACO; 16 March 2020, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• MACO
    replied
    Thanks guys, I have attached the letter.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by MACO View Post
    Hi All, after nearly a years silence from this CC above , I have now received a threatening letter from Drydenfairfax Solicitors (first time with these) and saying I need to contact them by 23/03/20 . Just to recap this CC is around 10 yrs old and was defaulted around 8 yrs ago, there is no interest being charged and it has been passed to several collection companies over the past few years. Fairfax are saying they are solicitors acting on behalf of Santander and need to collect the money. My questions are: are they solicitors or another debt agency that have bought the debt? Should I just ignor this for now and see what happens? (as that policy seems to have worked so far). what actually can they do to?
    They would need to send a Letter Before Claim and give you 30 days to reply!

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    You can usually sit the first letter out and even probably the second. See if they threaten court with a questionnaire attached.

Leave a comment:

• MACO
    replied
    Hi All, after nearly a years silence from this CC above , I have now received a threatening letter from Drydenfairfax Solicitors (first time with these) and saying I need to contact them by 23/03/20 . Just to recap this CC is around 10 yrs old and was defaulted around 8 yrs ago, there is no interest being charged and it has been passed to several collection companies over the past few years. Fairfax are saying they are solicitors acting on behalf of Santander and need to collect the money. My questions are: are they solicitors or another debt agency that have bought the debt? Should I just ignor this for now and see what happens? (as that policy seems to have worked so far). what actually can they do to?

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    Seems pretty clear to me.
    Best advice is to sit and wait for them to show their hand, they will probably send you a letter every week or two with a few phones call thrown on for good measure, they will beg in any format they can,

you can always return and update your thread each time they write to you for further advice.

Leave a comment:

• MACO
    replied
    Hi Nightwatch, Yes ive checked the letters and nothing has been added :-) So to sum up.: Robinson way have prob not bought the debt they are merely collecting on behalf of Santander? and it is quite limited on what they can actually do besides threaten a little to recover this? and if I ignore them maybe they will pass it back to Santander? and as the debt has already been defaulted some 7 years ago and disappeared off my Credit score they will not be able to put it back on again? Am I thinking right? Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    if it has beendefaulted and passed on there should be no other monies added to it,
    Do the letters not tell you how much you owe? that is how you would tell if anything is being added,

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
    I shouldn’t take any notice of rob way, they’ll soon let you know what, if anything, they are going to do. I ignored them and they passed it back over, oh dear!
    as they tend to do = Robbersway

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    I shouldn’t take any notice of rob way, they’ll soon let you know what, if anything, they are going to do. I ignored them and they passed it back over, oh dear!

Leave a comment:

• MACO
    replied
    Just to add, the letters aren't that threatening as I thought, the one today reads that I must get in touch and if they don't hear, it may mean, my ability to obtain credit or a mortgage is affected and we will continue to contact you by letter and telephone. Then they also text me today asking me to call asap. Are they also allowed to charge me interest on this or add any sums of monies to it?

Leave a comment:

• MACO
    replied
    Hi Warwick65 and nightwatch, thanks for getting back, yes I did send the CCA to Niddy and he said it was enforceable, I was happy paying Santander the £20 a month but since they got the debt collectors onto me they stopped the standing order and told me to deal with the DC. I have not contacted either of these DCs and to be honest I don't really want to, is that my best move? how much can they enforce this debt?

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Originally posted by MACO View Post
    Hi all, Thanks for your help over the years. This CC debt above, which was passed onto Westcot from Santander, I have been ignoring and everything has been quiet up until last week, when I received a letter from Santander to say they have now passed the collection onto Robinson Way. I have now received two threatening letters from robinson way, also a text message, all within the last few days. As yet I have not contacted them. Just as an update, this is an old CC debt that I defaulted around 7 years ago and agreed to pay Santander £20 a month with the interest frozen, then around December they suddenly decided to pass it to Westcot and now Robinson Way, since they passed it to Westcot I stopped paying the £20. Should I contact Robinson Way? am I right in I assuming they have bought this debt? if so what can they actually do to recover it?
    did you send the CCA you received to Niddy to see if it was enforceable or not, Robinson way are debt collectors not buyers, they will be working for someone else.

you say the letters are threatening, can you give a brief outline of what they say.
    their letters often contain a lot of IF's and MAYBE's,
    they would like you to contact them, to prove they have the correct person, to get you to admit the debt is yours (restarts SB clock) to get you to pay more than £20

They are trying to collect on 2 of my accounts, sorry to say they are both UE and SB, I may tell them one day, but not yet, they still like to send me letters to explain how, if I contact them and speak to one of their helpful staff, I could get a discount and repay at an amount I could afford, after filling in an I&E to show that the amount I am repaying at is affordable.

£0 a month for ever is very affordable to me.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    It may very well be that Robinson Way are just collecting - they are just debt collectors

I haven't read the history so am not sure when the account was opened or if you sent a S78 request

Leave a comment:

Working...
X